Viofo Parking Mode new beta feature

I’ve tested on external battery in my car. After 6 minutes of parking, camera it automatically enters the parking mode and it remains. Even if it starts recording when detects any motion, it still shoots at low fps (time lapse, parking mode), it does not go normally to 60 fps. I do not know what happens to the impact or activation of the G sensor.

It's great to see a manufacturer bringing new features to this dashcam despite not being the latest model. :cool:

After a couple of days using this new firmware on my two A119 with parking mode on (5fps) my experience has been fairly positive. It's great to not have to keep pressing button to change modes. It's especially good for the rear camera which I used to just leave on timelapse constantly before as I couldn't be bothered to climb into the back (3 door car) to switch modes everytime I set off or park.

A few thoughts:
  • Does the g-sensor sensitivity for locking files have anything to do with the sensitivity of the sensor detecting parking mode? I feel it's too sensitive and I get a bunch of normal recordings while the car's parked. The ability to change the sensitivity would be good as it wastes memory (recorded a couple of hours in normal mode of a bush today :p).
  • Ability to turn motion detection on and off so that parking mode can record timelapse constantly would be good. It wouldn't be so bad if it was buffered but as it isn't, there's a chance the camera will miss things as it starts recording.

Is this new beta parking mode available also for 119S?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

It's great to see a manufacturer bringing new features to this dashcam despite not being the latest model. :cool:

After a couple of days using this new firmware on my two A119 with parking mode on (5fps) my experience has been fairly positive. It's great to not have to keep pressing button to change modes. It's especially good for the rear camera which I used to just leave on timelapse constantly before as I couldn't be bothered to climb into the back (3 door car) to switch modes everytime I set off or park.

A few thoughts:
  • Does the g-sensor sensitivity for locking files have anything to do with the sensitivity of the sensor detecting parking mode? I feel it's too sensitive and I get a bunch of normal recordings while the car's parked. The ability to change the sensitivity would be good as it wastes memory (recorded a couple of hours in normal mode of a bush today :p).
  • Ability to turn motion detection on and off so that parking mode can record timelapse constantly would be good. It wouldn't be so bad if it was buffered but as it isn't, there's a chance the camera will miss things as it starts recording.
After the camera enter to the parking mode, it will set the G-sensor for high sensitivity automatically.

After beta testing they said the update would be avail for the A119S as well
Yes. We wish more user can help us to do more testing for parking mode before we implemented on A119S.
Currently we offered a testing improved IQ firmware for A119S.

For parking mode to be enabled do I need to hardwire my A119? I just ordered my A119 a couple of days ago and its scheduled to come in the morning.

Edit: Does parking mode automatically enable or do I need to set that every time?

Last edited:
For parking mode to be enabled do I need to hardwire my A119? I just ordered my A119 a couple of days ago and its scheduled to come in the morning.

Edit: Does parking mode automatically enable or do I need to set that every time?
You will need to have the A119 powered to a live power source, even when the car is off, to use parking mode. In current firmware, you need to manually activate parking mode, but there is a beta firmware available where the parking mode will activate automatically. See Viofo video above.

You will need to have the A119 powered to a live power source, even when the car is off, to use parking mode. In current firmware, you need to manually activate parking mode, but there is a beta firmware available where the parking mode will activate automatically. See Viofo video above.

Any recommendation on live power source solutions? Thanks

You can connect to a fuse that's always live (via hardwire kit). Some users have been using a rechargeable battery to use when they use Parking Mode.

You can connect to a fuse that's always live (via hardwire kit). Some users have been using a rechargeable battery to use when they use Parking Mode.

I would use a Vico-Power PLUS hard wire kit.

Low Voltage Cut-Off
Timer option Cut-Off
High Temperature Cut-Off

Would something like this do the job? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015NN0OKO/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Not hardwire by any means of course but something I can do that's much easier

Back