VIOFO RTC300 TELEPHOTO CAMERA FOR A229 PLUS/A229 PRO

It’s better to ask knowledgeable people once than to ask for a replacement camera later.
The A229 Pro and Plus also have the same firmware version: V1.3_240612, but this does not mean that they are interchangeable.
The version number you quoted is for the front camera, not the rear camera for the A229 Pro and A229 Plus, the V1.3_240605, @Panzer Platform confirmed this as such.

The version number you quoted is for the front camera, not the rear camera for the A229 Pro and A229 Plus, the V1.3_240605
Did I really say the opposite?
I wrote to you that the firmware versions of the A229 Pro and A229 Plus are the same, but not interchangeable.

Did I really say the opposite?
I wrote to you that the firmware versions of the A229 Pro and A229 Plus are the same, but not interchangeable.
You are questioning the firmware version of the rear cameras, correct? Why get so offended, why also question the other day if the RC04 firmware update was correct, when I in due diligence would have tested it was correct before updating my own unit.

We are going off-topic again, based on being offended and who was correct or correct first, instead of having a constructive conversation regarding the dashcams themselves.

You are questioning the firmware version of the rear cameras, correct? Why get so offended, why also question the other day if the RC04 firmware update was correct, when I in due diligence would have tested it was correct before updating my own unit.

We are going off-topic again, based on being offended and who was correct or correct first, instead of having a constructive conversation regarding the dashcams themselves.
What makes you think that I was offended?
I just wrote that the firmware version is not an indicator of its compatibility.
The conversation here behind Vantrue is off-topic. ;)

What makes you think that I was offended?
I just wrote that the firmware version is not an indicator of its compatibility.
The conversation here behind Vantrue is off-topic. ;)
Back-pedalling I see ;)

Obviously it will be interesting to see how this compares to the zoom lenses that people have added to existing dashcams on here.

I have an original mobius with the aliexpress varifocal lense that @Dashmellow made popular on here.

It is still sitting in a box and hasn't been put into service/testing yet though! :D

Obviously it will be interesting to see how this compares to the zoom lenses that people have added to existing dashcams on here.

I have an original mobius with the aliexpress varifocal lense that @Dashmellow made popular on here.

It is still sitting in a box and hasn't been put into service/testing yet though! :D

Gosh, I remember all the discussion back then and all the questions you asked and you even started your own threads about it, so now more than three and a half years later I'm quite amazed to hear that you never completed the project. I thought you were enjoying your modded camera this whole time. Well, you still have the lens you purchased so you could still make it happen. Since that time the 2K M1s was introduced and that lens would work on that camera with not too much effort. :)

An interesting development most would agree.

I had seem some chatter about telephoto lenses and the like recently and think there was a wink wink nudge nudge element about something coming.
I've got A229 Pro 2-channel with rear cam, using the rear cam port for the rear cam. It seems the RTC300 uses that port. Can the rear cam use the 3.5mm port, with the appropriate cable of course?

I had seem some chatter about telephoto lenses and the like recently and think there was a wink wink nudge nudge element about something coming.
I've got A229 Pro 2-channel with rear cam, using the rear cam port for the rear cam. It seems the RTC300 uses that port. Can the rear cam use the 3.5mm port, with the appropriate cable of course?
This camera is the same as the rear camera, with a processor and firmware, and it cannot work instead of the interior camera.

Reactions: Mtz
This camera is the same as the rear camera, with a processor and firmware, and it cannot work instead of the interior camera.
So I I understand correctly, if I were to get an RTC300, which I'd have on the front windscreen, then I would lose the ability to use the rear cam I currently have, as both cams can only use the usb-c camera port? apologies if I am misunderstanding anything.

I realise it's a new listing, but there's very little information for an existing A229 Plus/Pro user to say whether it can be used alongside or in place of either the rear or interior camera. All it says is that it is compatible with those cameras.

Reading comments above, it appears to replace the rear camera? I think @viofo should state that somewhere on the page.

I realise it's a new listing, but there's very little information for an existing A229 Plus/Pro user to say whether it can be used alongside or in place of either the rear or interior camera. All it says is that it is compatible with those cameras.

Reading comments above, it appears to replace the rear camera? I think @viofo should state that somewhere on the page.
You have phrased my question more eloquently than I did, thank you :)

This camera replaces the rear camera and uses the rear camera firmware.
There is no way she can replace the interior camera.

This camera replaces the rear camera and uses the rear camera firmware.
There is no way she can replace the interior camera.

That's unfortunate as the rear cam is vital for many. I guess one could add a separate unit such as a VS1 for a rear view.

I'm not all that keen on interior cameras, so I would prefer to give that one up for a telephoto instead and my guess is that many, if not most would agree.

I'm not all that keen on interior cameras, so I would prefer to give that one up for a telephoto instead and my guess is that many, if not most would agree.
Most likely this requires a new model.
This one is unlikely to support two identical additional cameras.

Most likely this requires a new model.
This one is unlikely to support two identical additional cameras.

Yeah, obviously there was a technical limitation or @viofo wouldn't have done it this way. If the remote telephoto lens module sells well perhaps they will revamp the whole system?

Back