viofo with built-in gps or most sturdy pin connection?

jimspoon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am gun shy after my V119 v2, which I hadn't really used all that much, failed to record GPS info, either because of bent pins on the mount, or some inadequate connection between the dashcam and the gps mount. If I get another Viofo dashcam, I want to make very sure that I won't have that problem again. So I'd want something that either has the GPS built into the dashcam itself (not a mount), or a very sturdy and solid connection between the dashcam and the gps mount I looked at the pins on the mount for the a119 mini 2, and they don't look very trustworthy to me. I was just looking at the VS1 manual and it looks like it has a very different connection mechanism. So can anybody give me any info on this, or make a recommendation, regarding a Viofo with built-in GPS, or a very solid and sturdy connection between the dashcam and the gps mount?

The early models of the A119 series did have potential problems with the GPS mount connection pins. There was a revision to the pins used on the mount at some point and it made it much better. All of the VIOFO recent models that I've tested with a GPS windshield mount (A129 Pro, A119 Mini, A119 Mini 2, A139 Pro, A229 Duo, A229 Plus, A229 Pro) have had no problems with the connection pins for the GPS module.

The VS1 mount is a thin plastic piece that mounts to the windshield / static sticker. The plastic mount slides into the slots on the top of the VS1. The top section of the VS1 (the part that does not move) contains the GPS receiver so all of the connections for the GPS module are inside of the VS1 case.

I believe any of the current VIOFO models should provide reliable connections to the GPS module.

I am gun shy after my V119 v2, which I hadn't really used all that much, failed to record GPS info, either because of bent pins on the mount, or some inadequate connection between the dashcam and the gps mount. If I get another Viofo dashcam, I want to make very sure that I won't have that problem again. So I'd want something that either has the GPS built into the dashcam itself (not a mount), or a very sturdy and solid connection between the dashcam and the gps mount I looked at the pins on the mount for the a119 mini 2, and they don't look very trustworthy to me. I was just looking at the VS1 manual and it looks like it has a very different connection mechanism. So can anybody give me any info on this, or make a recommendation, regarding a Viofo with built-in GPS, or a very solid and sturdy connection between the dashcam and the gps mount?

For a119 v2-v3 models, the contact is horizontal. For the later produced A129 A139 A229 A119 mini - mini2 and others, the GPS holders are tighter and the pins are clamp-shaped. This will eliminate the problem you mentioned.

If you are looking for a built-in GPS model, yes, VS1 uses built-in GPS. In addition, the T130 and WM1 model also uses internal GPS.

As I mentioned above, you will not have any problems with other models. Because the pins and GPS holder hold on very tightly.

Our VS1 and WM1 are equipped with a built-in GPS, you may have a check.

Back