VIOFO WM1

Why a battery and not a capacitor?

Once mounted, how does it come off the windscreen. From the pictures it looks like 1 unit.

How dare you read the user manual. LMAO
-Chuck
Even though I'm not a full tester/reviewer like some of you guys, I've always been interested in learning more about upcoming dash cams ;) And where else to start when you don't have the physical unit in hand besides reading the user manual lol

I see the manual shows a Viofo logo over those screw holes on the front plate (y)

Think I found my next camera for the rear deck. Currently using blueskysea b1w but thing never keeps accurate time. This image sensor should also offer better low light capabilities. Would pair well with my a119 mini I use for the front and only have to keep one app on my phone. Any heat issue? Anyone know when It might be released and maybe pricing?

Am I reading this correct that this model has gone back to WDR ?

It was the introduction of HDR with the V3 firmware 2.x that kept me on earlier firmware. Even the Viofo HDR publicity images showed pseudo motion blur in static images. Even with HDR turned off was not as good in daylight for reasons I've already posted.

Am I reading this correct that this model has gone back to WDR ?

It was the introduction of HDR with the V3 firmware 2.x that kept me on earlier firmware. Even the Viofo HDR publicity images showed pseudo motion blur in static images. Even with HDR turned off was not as good in daylight for reasons I've already posted.
Yes, no HDR, not sure if it is good or bad for selling. :)

I can only go with my experience with my V3.

I mainly drive in daylight so horses for courses.

Those who drive at night are finding 2.6 to be better at capturing, non UK, licence plates

OMG, are you already shopping for telephoto mod parts?
I love that. lol
No, not a telephoto, but possibly a wide angle mod. :)

I was actually thinking about the suggestion that the WM1 might make for a good side cam and wondered if the stock lens on the WM1 would be suitable for this use.

I've been experimenting with and modding side cams for a very long time and have learned that without the right lens they really won't work quite so well. Some of the smaller dash cams on the market that seem like they would be great as side facing cams really don't come with a good lens for the job.

No, not a telephoto, but possibly a wide angle mod. :)

I was actually thinking about the suggestion that the WM1 might make for a good side cam and wondered if the stock lens on the WM1 would be suitable for this use.

I've been experimenting with and modding side cams for a very long time and have learned that without the right lens they really won't work quite so well. Some of the smaller dash cams on the market that seem like they would be great as side facing cams really don't come with a good lens for the job.
I remember @rcg530 saying something about the limited camera adjustment of the hinge style mount.
Side windows are usually more upright, (straight up & down) than sloped windshields.
So that may be another challenge.

When I did my first 4-Channel experiment the rear cameras of the A129 Plus had adequate range of adjustment to be mounted on my upright fixed side windows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Panzer Platform WM1 6
Boattail WM1 3
rcg530 WM1 18
Karagandinez WM1 26
Panzer Platform WM1 75
Back