VIOFO's A129 Duo

I have five of those 64GB San Disc cards, they all seem to work fine since years in all of my recent dash cams.

The question is, what can be the problem that the cards worked fine for quite some time, also with the Viofo A129, and then suddenly the Viofo does not like it anymore and at the same time the card woks perfectly fine on windowa and android devices.

I have five of those 64GB San Disc cards, they all seem to work fine since years in all of my recent dash cams.

The question is, what can be the problem that the cards worked fine for quite some time, also with the Viofo A129, and then suddenly the Viofo does not like it anymore and at the same time the card woks perfectly fine on windowa and android devices.
The older Ultra cards are troublesome in dash cameras. Some people don't seem to have issues, but most do eventually. The newer Ultra A1 cards (must say A1 on the card) are fine. I would also avoid the Lexar cards as they have been troublesome as of late as well.

The older Ultra cards are troublesome in dash cameras. Some people don't seem to have issues, but most do eventually. The newer Ultra A1 cards (must say A1 on the card) are fine. I would also avoid the Lexar cards as they have been troublesome as of late as well.
The latest Lexar cards work in BlackVue cameras, and these are prone to card issues, so 8f using genuine Lexar cards, I don't think you will have a problem.

The latest Lexar cards work in BlackVue cameras, and these are prone to card issues, so 8f using genuine Lexar cards, I don't think you will have a problem.
Not sure about BlackVue. Lexar was sold to Chinese company awhile back and there have been many users having issues with the cards that have been manufactured since. I don't follow the BlackVue threads, but have seen many issues with the Lexar in the Viofo cameras, as well as a couple other brands. Best to avoid in the A129, as there are better, more reliable choices. The newer SanDisk Ultra A1 cards and the Samsung EVO Select (Amazon) are two that have been proven to be reliable so far. The Samsung EVO + are reported to be good as well in the Viofo cameras.

Anyone?

See @viofo doing the rounds but no response. Is audio quality trivial?
I normally watch videos on a PC that has no speakers. I will watch and listen to your videos later tonight.

Ok. I've listened to it now. I've never heard anything like that before. Surely that's a hardware fault?

Do you get any purple bands or dropped frames if you disable the Mic?

From the first video, it seems related to the hardware kits power supply or the MicroSD card.
From the last video, I thought there is a fault of the MIC.

We noticed some audio issue before, have done some small upgrade for the camera and hardwire kits some month ago.

Reactions: gse
We noticed some audio issue before, have done some small upgrade for the camera and hardwire kits some month ago.

What was wrong with hardware kit ? Or what did you fix ?

Hey guys,
I have purchased the VIOFO a129 duo a couple days ago and successfully hardwired it with the 3 wire kit in my Mazda 2 GT 2018 model.
I can tell it was not easy.
This is my first dashcam and my first hardwire installation after watching many reviews about dashcams and installation videos on youtube.
I have chosen this over Nextbase 522GW.
The first issue:
Was to install the first cam. I could not put it in the middle, because the rain and light sensors are there and the plastic is soo weak. Could not want to put the cam under it and run the cable through it.
The second issue:
Was at the fusebox. To squeeze the fuse tap and the cable was not easy. The cable always came out. I also used some electrical tape as well.
I have used the 15A rear wiper and washer and the F. outlet for the two cables. The ground was easy.
By the way, this model required a mini fuse tap.
I have placed them in but they are still loose a bit. They just did not want to click in. But at the end, it is not an issue because to put back the cover door it was not easy, because the taps stick out a bit, so now the door push them back and holds them. There is not a huge space down there.
To run the cable to the back was very easy but when I reached the boot I faced another problem.
Third issue:
Was to run through the cable that rubber tube.
I could not do it. There is already a cable there and it does not leave enough space for this one. The micro USB head and the cable is just way too big for this tube. I have left soo many cables at the end also in the fuse box. I do not really understand why the cables are soo long, and why there is not an option for a smaller one.
I have hidden the cable over the headliner, space there also very thigh. None of the cables is rattle in my car, because there is no space to do it.
In the end, I have attached some pictures to show you guys how I did it.
Hopefully, my car is not going to blow up, because I messed up something.
I had my first journey today. Pretty happy with the quality, but already know that this is one of the best on the market.

Some questions:
During my first journey, I have run into a problem. The cam has stopped recording and switched off once. After about 30 sec turned back again.
Any idea what could cause that?
How can I bring up the menu? Sometimes nothing happens when I push the menu button. I turn on the recording and still cannot enter the menu.
Also to connect my android phone to the cam is a nightmare. I have to turn on and off the cam or the app to finally connect to the cam. Anyway a bit useless in my opinion because if I connected my phone and want to download the file I am going to lose my data.
4690846909 46910IMG_20190623_065315.jpgIMG_20190623_065332.jpgIMG_20190625_115247.jpg46911

The position of the camera is ok even in that place..
All the connection must be firm, your camera stop working very likely because of not firm electric contacts.
It is not very difficult to do the instalation, but if you find it difficult better let be made by professionals.
The cable for the rear camera pass without problem thru the rubber tube. Like you made it, the miniusb camera plug will be very soon damaged.

The position of the camera is ok even in that place..
All the connection must be firm, your camera stop working very likely because of not firm electric contacts.
It is not very difficult to do the instalation, but if you find it difficult, better let be made by professionals.
The cable for the rear camera pass without problem thru the rubber tube. Like you made it, the miniusb camera plug will be very soon be damaged.
Believe me, it is not possible to run through that cable in that rubber tube. Tried it 2-3 times. There is a white plastic ring and the rubber tube clicks on it. That plastic ring is too small to push the cable through and the other cable in there is big also. Not enough space.

Believe me too, it is not very easy but if you know how to do it, will pass. I make a lot of Duo installatios at work.

Yes, it does pass through, but it can be difficult. It makes a professional installation when cabling hidden as much as possible.
Yes, it does pass through, but it can be difficult. It makes a professional installation when cabling hidden as much as possible.
I give another go later today when it stops raining.
I do not think this whole installation need a professional person.
They charge a lot of money and I have managed to do it for free on my own for the first time. YouTube helped a lot.
Yeah, I run into some difficulties but that is why I wrote down my experience to share it and maybe get some ideas instead of saying you need professional.

Give it a try again and I'm sure you'll get it through. I usually remove the rubber from the plastic clip, feed through plastic then into rubber, before finally going through the last plastic clip. I have never installed in a Mazda, but have into a few Ford's and Mazda share lots of components from Ford so would not think it too different.

Believe me too, it is not very easy but if you know how to do it, will pass. I make a lot of Duo installatios at work.

Previously you said:
"All the connection must be firm, your camera stop working very likely because of not firm electric contacts."

I do not think this is a case because all the other fuses on the tap worked just fine. Those things did not stop. Like I said I have used rear wiper and it did not stop when the camera stopped.

Yeah, I run into some difficulties but that is why I wrote down my experience to share it and maybe get some ideas instead of saying you need professional.
The real help that you can find on forums is also to know when is too risky for your car and let the proffesionals do some works.

l.e.
Few days ago a had made a "Duo" instaliation on a Civic, with the same rubber.

Last edited:
Back