volunteer recruiting for 0806 (mini0803pro) camera

My personal DashCam new hobby/passion started with the Mini 0801 in early 2013. As many of you know it wasn't long before I channeled my OCD energy into "the business".

The 2013, Mini 0801 was never reliable long term . I tried firmware after firmware, tried 4 different 0801's etc. (gave up, but always missed my lil-mini)

It sounds like the new late 2014 Mini 0806 is on the right track for success. (3rd time is the charm as I said)

I might be interested in some mini action again once the testing is complete so looking forward to good results. Still prefer Super Capacitors though

I'm glad the 0803 mount was recently re-worked and hope the 0806 will be extra stable as well.

I'll let you guys handle it for now since I have plenty of other upcoming cams to test until then. :)

I ran into Raymen in Hong Kong at the electronics show earlier this year, good guy. I'd post a photo but should probably ask for permission first.

Last edited:
I remember that you originally asked for 15 testers and there are 14 on your list. Would you like one more?

Hi,

I'm a ISEB Test Practitioner who currently owns a Mini 0803, and would be glad to assist in your testing exercise for the 0806.

Regards

Well-done OP. Hope we could see the reviews ASAP. BTW, the official sample will come to Gearbest soon. we will get this product in our store once it is released. ;)

Dear DashCamTalk fanatics,
This is Rayman.Chan, the product manager of MEGtech, we ever made wellknown 0801&0803 cameras.
0801 is a great dash camera for the entry level users which bring 1080P video recording and high stability;
0803 is a upgtade version which have higher 1296P performance with LDWS and WDR feature, although, the heating problem made many customers angry and a lot of complaint.
Now, it is the time to move forward; our new camera, mini 0806 (mini 0803 pro) is coming.
MORE POWERFUL, MORE STABILITY, MORE FEATURE, MORE BRILLIANT;
LESS HEATING, LESS INVALID, ,LESS FUSSY, LESS DISAPPOINTING.
I'm sorry but not all the appliers will be accept as we can only share 15pcs samples to Debuggers.
Anyone want to be a debugger, please send a PM or reply this thread. We will reply you or send you mail ASAP.

Thank you very much.
Rayman @MEGtech

I have been away from the forums for a while and just saw this. I assume you have all the testers you need, but I would certainly like to have given it a go! I went through 4 mini 0801's before giving up on them. Too many bugs and problems. I now have an 0803 which mostly works well, but no matter what card I use it seems to hit a wall once it fills up and stops recording. Yes, it is set to loop at 1 min intervals. If I unplug it for about 10 min it will start recording again. Sometimes I have to pull the card out and put it back in and it starts recording again. If this happens in traffic it renders the whole concept of the dash cam useless. since I can't address it until I stop somewhere. I have had an 080x type camera for over a year and have still not permanently mounted one. Until I can be sure it really works there is no point!

I would welcome a chance to try out an 0806 and see if there is one that finally works!

no matter what card I use it seems to hit a wall once it fills up and stops recording. Yes, it is set to loop at 1 min intervals. If I unplug it for about 10 min it will start recording again.
Mini 0803 user here using both a class 10 Transcend 32GB and Class 10 Samsung 64GB Evo card formatted with SmartDisk with no issues.
I've been using the iTracker firmware and everything seems to be great.
Check out the first post in my 0803 review in my sig for links to the cards and firmware as well as the SmartDisk application I used. Hope you can get it sorted.

Mini 0803 user here using both a class 10 Transcend 32GB and Class 10 Samsung 64GB Evo card formatted with SmartDisk with no issues.
I've been using the iTracker firmware and everything seems to be great.
Check out the first post in my 0803 review in my sig for links to the cards and firmware as well as the SmartDisk application I used. Hope you can get it sorted.
I just put the latest iTracker firmware on this morning and went for a short drive, it ran about 3 hours so it isn't looping yet. However, now my splash screen is in Russian (although I did get the menu back to English with the help of Google translator) and when I remove power to the camera it just keeps running instead of shutting off as it should.

This brings up another problem that I just noticed, the battery is not charging. I can leave it plugged in, either through the mount or the usb port, for hours and the icon only shows only 1/2 to 3/4 full and the battery dies after only 6-8 seconds. The previous 0801's I had tried lasted at least 4-5 minutes.

Sigh. Seems like I haven't been able to buy any electronic devices lately without them having issues. Get tired of returning stuff that should have never been on the market. I really can't return this one because I bought it from FoxOffer straight out of China and I would have to pay postage and that is nearly as much as a new camera.

While I have never ordered from Foxoffer other users say they seem to be pretty good. Have you talked to billknow about it? He represents Foxoffer here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Software developer tester with more than 5 year experience, owner of 0803 version and passionate about automotive. I will be glad to participate in testing this new version of dashcam.

Too łate man, this was 3 weeks ago. Few people are already testing for 2 weeks.

enjoy,
Mtz

I know it's bad to ask, but any idea when the 0806 will be available for purchase?

I plan to get a dashcam for a family member for Christmas, thus I need to buy one before then, so unfortunately I can't just patiently wait like if it was for myself.

I know it's bad to ask, but any idea when the 0806 will be available for purchase?

I plan to get a dashcam for a family member for Christmas, thus I need to buy one before then, so unfortunately I can't just patiently wait like if it was for myself.
Well I can't answer the question, but it's not in production yet, and it is not that long to Christmas now so the chance of it arriving in the stores in time is rapidly declining...

If it was for you then I would suggest waiting but as it is not, the 0805 seems to be in the stores right now so unless you really want a camera suitable for an enthusiast instead of just a good quality mini camera... Is the family member going to understand the CPL etc?

I plan to get a dashcam for a family member for Christmas, thus I need to buy one before then
What is your budget and what does the family member need.

I am pretty sure you already have all the volunteers you need, but on the chance you need one more just put my name down. I don't mind the cost. I am pretty sure that the Mini 0806 is the way to go, for what I want. I was going to buy the 0805, but knowing the 0806 is nearing availability, and so sure that it has got to be even better, then this sounds like an exciting way to go. Bleeding edge, and all that stuff. :)

Back