VOTE !!! - for FULL MATTE BLACK Panorama S with NO LOGOS at the front !

Would you prefer FULL MATTE BLACK Panorama S with NO LOGOS at the front ?

• Yes, I'd prefer a FULL MATTE BLACK Panorama S with NO LOGOS at the front !

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • No, I prefer logos / writings to be on the front part of Panorama S.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Myself personally dont' like ANY logos or writings at the front of the dashcam.

Thats why I have removed them from my Panorama ( HERE )
Even if dashcamera has matte-black coating for so called more stealth look ( no reflection ), but having some logos / writings at the front part of the shell, - this makes no sense for "stealthiness". Logos and writings makes dashcam more visible and attractive to outside, so there is no point of having matte-black coating along with writings that could jeopardise its stealthiness.

Latest Panorama S model has nice matte black coating, which is of course is better ( more stealthy look ) than previous glossy finish model, but it still has some writings at the front which does not make it so stealthy as it could be.

My proposal would be removing ALL writings / logos from the front and adding "Panorama S" model name to the back. I know some would say: "... no need logo at the back as well", but I think from marketing point of view some logo / writing has to be there, otherwise some people would start thinking different strange "suspicious" thoughts about cheapness of the product etc. So, having small silk-printed logo at the back will not jeopardise stealth of product and at the same time will bring up model branding.

In most things developer relays on end user thoughts / opinions before making any changes:
- please vote if you like this idea, or not.

Thank you.

Below is my "drawings"-sample based on Panorama S previous shiny version, but principles of what need to be done are the same as for new Panorama S matte-black.

Full Matte-Black Panorama S.jpg

I agree! This won't happen immediately but hopefully we can push to make this change happen with enough feedback. Step by Step, progress.

why add the logo to the back, not needed, there's an almost 3" LCD that displays the logo on power up and power down anyway

why add the logo to the back, not needed, there's an almost 3" LCD that displays the logo on power up and power down anyway

the display isn't always on. And it's reassuring to see, for the manufacturer & us

I'd like to see this also. Not a fan of the "safe driving black box" on the new version.

I'm saving up now to replace my current camera and the panorama seems to be the best choice, but it would be nice to have no logos on the front or just Panorama S.

I'd like to see this also. Not a fan of the "safe driving black box" on the new version.

I'm saving up now to replace my current camera and the panorama seems to be the best choice, but it would be nice to have no logos on the front.

Agreed, We are pushing to make this future change but there are quite a few housing shells printed already unfortunately. As I said at least the high gloss and chrome metallic ring around the lens is gone. The white logo is easily blacked out via sharpie or rubbed off via Niko's special technique. That's the best we can do for awhile at least.

Is there a black double sided tape to mount the bracket to the windshield with? All my replacement stuff is white. This would be a nice compliment to a all black unit. If I remember right the stuff that came with both of my Powerucc units was gray.

Is there a black double sided tape to mount the bracket to the windshield with? All my replacement stuff is white. This would be a nice compliment to a all black unit. If I remember right the stuff that came with both of my Powerucc units was gray.

Last year I used this low cost stuff in my Smart.
http://www.dx.com/p/double-sided-foam-adhesive-tape-black-5m-134299#.U8wr7PldV8E

It works well, but is very dificult to scrape off even with floss + goof-off/goo-gone

I know jokiin recently discovered some better quality high heat resistant stuff for his Street Guardian products. I'll ask to see what the latest recommendation is. (I'd like to know too, and stock some on our site as an accessory.)

Last edited:
Last year I used this low cost stuff in my Smart.
http://www.dx.com/p/double-sided-foam-adhesive-tape-black-5m-134299#.U8wr7PldV8E

It works well, but is very dificult to scrape off even with floss + goof-off/goo-gone

I know jokiin recently discovered some better quality high heat resistant stuff for his Street Guardian products. I'll ask to see what the latest recommendation is. (I'd like to know too, and stock some on our site as an accessory.)

Here's a huge roll of the stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0016HM7SE45ft (the cost is $0.75 per foot)
Maybe we could sell it by the Foot for a bare bones marginal low cost to try and help those in need.

I vote YES, get rid of it. I hate the shiny look and logo's!!!!!
At the moment i just marked it with a black stift. But it wears off and starts to look ugly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T II / S 6
Back