Want to purchase 1st DashCam

So would this be one of his good ones? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/310830749213
That one is perfect, buy that one with a Samsung or Transcend memory card from Amazon and record video and flash away.

Before you ask.
Transcend
Samsung

I use a Transcend in my G1W and a Samsung in my Mini 0803 they work fine.

Don't buy them on eBay or from third party on Amazon look for listings sold by Amazon ( i glanced quick the Samsung might not be but that's what the card looks like)
That way you don't end up with a fake card.

Don't buy a SanDisk card.

Last edited:
Thank you! Will purchase this one, again this is my first time researching/buying a dash so thanks for giving feedback on the dumb questions.

Don't buy a SanDisk card.

With all due respect, please don't post things like this. I exclusively use sandisk in three cameras of different price ranges and capacities (32 up to 128) 24/7 for weeks with no issues whatsoever. My experience with sandisk is sound.

With all due respect, please don't post things like this. I exclusively use sandisk in three cameras of different price ranges and capacities (32 up to 128) 24/7 for weeks with no issues whatsoever. My experience with sandisk is sound.
No disrespect meant at all. My experience just has not been so sound in terms of the G1W.
In my G1W SanDisk cards cause memory errors and cause my G1W to stop recording.
Just going by my personal experience.

to be fair what is a G1W, there are 7 different mainboard versions for this same 'looking' camera and not all are created equally, some are definitely better than others when it comes to handling different cards

The Mini 0801/0803 and G1W dash cams are great starter dash cams.
Just make sure you are purchasing from a recommended retailer from this forum as there are many fakes online.

With SD cards, purchase them from larger electronic stores as those are easily faked too and you'll run into many problems if you get one. Of course you want to make sure your dash cam is reliably working for you!

Kelvin

what's the difference between the ones with screen and ones without screen like the Mobious? I am also looking for something that is small, discreet and easy to install and uninstall. Because I will use it when I drive my own car and rental cars when I travel outside

The ones with a screen make it easier to aim and change settings - the ones without you kind of get used to where the aim should be and go from there. The Mobius has two modes though so you can have two lots of settings for different scenarios (ie day and night) and you can just click a button to swap.

The ones with a screen make it easier to aim and change settings - the ones without you kind of get used to where the aim should be and go from there. The Mobius has two modes though so you can have two lots of settings for different scenarios (ie day and night) and you can just click a button to swap.
few questions here regarding the Mobious
Is there newer version of the Mobious? The ones sold on Amazon are real? easy to install, mount and uninstall ? it sticks to windshild near the rear view mirror? Can change side position let's say if I am at a border crossing check point and I can record from the driver's side? Or record when a cops stops or pulls you over and comes to your door? how wide it can capture videos?
Thanks

Hey people, I am new to this dash cam thing. So am looking for my 1st and best Dash Cam. I need every features (All-in-One)

1. full HD (good day and night video recording)
2.With GPS (I currently use Garmin GPS, i would prefer this garming type GPS which is good)
3.Speedometer, Time and Date on screen
4. Rear camera-multichannel ( not mandatory, suggest can i buy a cheap cam for rear use alone ?)
5.Parking lot recording (should wake up if any hit happens)
6. Price can vary between $10 - $150

Please suggest me the best in market. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
At $150, multi channel isn't an option. If you want the best, can step up the budget $40 bucks and add GPS later then the Panorama S is your camera. Excellent camera both day and night as well as reliable. The GPS module adds $35
The Panorama has a good parking mode which, like all parking modes is motion detect, not shock triggered.

For $100 with GPS, you could go with the A118 from @spytec. The only give would be the night time performance that isn't as good as the Panorama. For $150 out the door with GPS and an 32gb SD card, the next reliable suggestion would be the Street Guardian SG9665GPS. It's basically the A118 with a better firmware, better support and a much better warranty for a few extra bucks. Not sure about the Motion detect of this camera.

No camera that I know of has a speedometer on it, speed is shown on the software when viewing videos.

Panorama G
Dome Go A70
if you want dual cams, PAno X2

You're welcome. :cool:

Hey people, I am new to this dash cam thing. So am looking for my 1st and best Dash Cam. I need every features (All-in-One)

1. full HD (good day and night video recording)
2.With GPS (I currently use Garmin GPS, i would prefer this garming type GPS which is good)
3.Speedometer, Time and Date on screen
4. Rear camera-multichannel ( not mandatory, suggest can i buy a cheap cam for rear use alone ?)
5.Parking lot recording (should wake up if any hit happens)
6. Price can vary between $10 - $150

Please suggest me the best in market. Thank you so much.

There currently isn't a dash cam within your price range that will fit ALL of those requirements. There's always hope that one will eventually come along in the future though!

GPS is not for navigation, but rather to track your speed and location for more information if you need to hand it over to your insurance company.

The Mini 0803 is a great starter dash cam. It'll give you very good day and night video (better than the A118), GPS, important information on video, and is well within your price range.

Kelvin

The mini 0803 is Moboius? And which one has wider angle? I mean can take videos wider? Which one is more easier to install and uninstall in your car?
Thanks

Hi,

I am new to the site and am desperate for help...

My boyfriend is a truck driver and I am looking at getting him a Dash Cam.

I was currently looking at Thinkware Dash Cam F550.

The only downfall is that it is not rechargeable and my boyfriend HATES clutter... I was wondering if there is anything out there with HD, night vision and
Continuous Recording Mode plus a rechargeable battery.

Hi,

I am new to the site and am desperate for help...

My boyfriend is a truck driver and I am looking at getting him a Dash Cam.

I was currently looking at Thinkware Dash Cam F550.

The only downfall is that it is not rechargeable and my boyfriend HATES clutter... I was wondering if there is anything out there with HD, night vision and
Continuous Recording Mode plus a rechargeable battery.

Is discreet important? Give a list of important features such as GPS, screen, and budget, so we can better suggest a camera. For example, discreet I would suggest the Mobius. For something with higher budget and GPS the Panorama is excellent.

Cameras with batteries will record about an hour then need to be charged. Wired is the way to go, there are ways to hide the cable so it's completely out of site. Let's stick with step 1 and pick a camera.

What features are you looking for? For a basic, no screen dash cam, the Mobius can't be beat. Or on the higher end, the Panorama, with more features, is an excellent choice. It all depends on your priorities. For me, I prefer small, discreet cameras.

I am assuming the more expensive the better - I don't want to spend over $500 - I really just want one that protects him and that has rechargeable batteries so that there are no Cables dangling in the dash - I would want something that is HD and Night Vision and that I can put a 64GB Card in. Hopefully this helps! Thank you GJHS

It'll be more frustrating to have to charge the battery every time he leaves his truck (unmount the camera, finding the charger/cable, next drive reinstall the camera and pointing it at the right angle again, and not to forget starting and stopping the recording manually) than to take some time and run a wire from the 12v car power supply to the camera and never have to worry about anything after that. These cables are long so they can be hidden behind the headlining and other panels in the car/truck. This way there is no hanging wire and it'll start and stop automatically when the key is turned on/off, and the battery is automatically being charged at the same time. I don't think that people here at Dashcamtalk have their dashcam mounted with a wire hanging down to the power socket.

I am assuming the more expensive the better - I don't want to spend over $500 - I really just want one that protects him and that has rechargeable batteries so that there are no Cables dangling in the dash - I would want something that is HD and Night Vision and that I can put a 64GB Card in. Hopefully this helps! Thank you GJHS

forget anything with batteries, none are going to last long enough, this is ideal for truck use https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/panorama-g-dashcam-built-in-gps.html

Back