Want to purchase 1st DashCam

The G1W is good and a great first cam. Make sure you get the real deal, there are a lot of fakes. @CheckYourLights just posted a list of sellers here.

There are a lot of great cameras out there and the choice can get confusing. You won't throw your money away with the G1w. There are better cameras just not at that price. Once you own one and use it for a while, then you will see what works and what more you need. Besides once you own one, you will want more

there's two issues really one these, one is that of fakes, the low end 720p Novatek chipset being passed off as the better version, big problem

the second issue though is that even in the 'real' version there are at least 7 variants of the same looking product, they're not all as well put together or as well sorted as each other so it is very much pot luck in a lot of cases what sort of end result you'll actually get, price is often an indicator though, if it looks like a bargain it will often turn out to be quite the opposite

Last edited by a moderator:
there's two issues really
there's two issues really one these, one is that of fakes, the low end 720p Novatek chipset being passed off as the better version, big problem

the second issue though is that even in the 'real' version there are at least 7 variants of the same looking product, they're not all as well put together or as well sorted as each other so it is very much pot luck in a lot of cases what sort of end result you'll actually get, price is often an indicator though, if it looks like a bargain it will often turn out to be quite the opposite
Thats why I feel so confident recommending the Mobius. A. It's a great camera. B. No worry of getting a fake

It's unfortunate because cameras like the G1w are great until the Chinese copyright (right to copy) system kicks in. Are there plans to fix this with Branding like the SJ4000 or Authorized sellers like the Mobius? Or is this business as usual?

the G1W has been a public model from the get go so it was always open to this happening, the original G1W delivered very decent bang for buck and I had recommended it to people on a budget myself previously, can't do that anymore as there's no knowing what version someone will get, the cheaper end of the scale of these carries a lot of compromises in the build and component quality used, very hit and miss these days as suppliers all try and catch customers by having the lowest price offer

even the Mobius there is talk of fakes but there is very clear direction of which sellers to buy from to avoid that, likewise I don't have an issue to recommend that also if it fits the requirement as at least you know what the person will get will match what you know the product to be

Bought my first cam (8000L) from them. Good communication and the cam has been working beautifully

Last edited:
What's with all the different kinds? Bluesky... 2014Y? Which one is the latest and newest?

in this kind of product 'latest and newest' can quite often mean the new 'we found a way to make it cheaper' version, I'd suggest going from the recommended list only and don't get sucked into any sellers hype that promotes the very latest version of a non branded product

the list @GJHS mentioned above

this model you're looking at though is the capacitor version, for this one I'd suggest the Foxoffer version, there is a newer version around than what they have but it seems to be quite buggy with a lot of reported issues, the review on the site here was based on the Foxoffer version, not sure how it compares price wise to what you're looking at but it's a known quantity

Yeah the G1W-C since I don't need to record outside of my car so it'll always be plugged into the power in the car. There are so many versions it gets confusing, thought estore was a safe bet but I should go buy off Foxoffer for the -C model??

The seller is estore009, well known here and has a high reputation. I'd say it's the real deal!
I can attest to estore009's good reputaion. I bought 2 G1W's from them and both have been working flawlessly for about a year. Summer temps in excess of +30*C were no problem either. On the oldest one I had to replace the battery a few days ago and it's back in operation again.

Can anyone attest to this model?? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/131208541342
This model is just a normal G1W, but with a capacitor instead of a battery. The only thing that bugs me is the 'blueskysea' branding on the front. I have never seen that before. Besides that, everything looks ok. You can expect excellent support from estore009, in case something is wrong with it.

Let's end this thread. We can attest to and reccomend these from @CheckYourLights

eStore009 I personally bought my G1W off of them over a year ago
GearBest I have gotten other cameras off of them.
SpyTec I have gotten other cameras off of them
banggood A lot of other users have bought off of them
FoxOffer A lot of other users have bought off of them

Ignoring the list (posted several times) and posting random ebay postings is not recommended and may be considered trolling

This. Just also be aware that the capacitor version can not be updated from the firmwares in the thread here
So if you want to bump the bit rate up to 15 by flashing a DOD firmware you have to buy a battery version.

So would this be one of his good ones? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/310830749213
And GJHS, how is that posting random ebay postings? They are from estore009 and my questions weren't answered. Estore is from your list, however he as MULTIPLE different G1W's for sale with different names but -C models.

So would this be one of his good ones? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/310830749213
And GJHS, how is that posting random ebay postings? They are from estore009 and my questions weren't answered. Estore is from your list, however he as MULTIPLE different G1W's for sale with different names but -C models.
Jokiin who knows about the factories better than anyone, gave you advice on the model you asked for
I believe E-Store are a trusted seller, I just don't know that they have the right version of that particular product, that's all
this model you're looking at though is the capacitor version, for this one I'd suggest the Foxoffer version, there is a newer version around than what they have but it seems to be quite buggy with a lot of reported issues, the review on the site here was based on the Foxoffer version, not sure how it compares price wise to what you're looking at but it's a known quantity
Sorry it just seemed repetative after he explained the risks and gave you a clear choice.

Back