waving background audio noise fix??

bigreda357

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? I dont feel like retyping my problem because I am on my phone, so here is a email I sent to Estore009:

"The G1W Car cam I purchased from you on Nov,22 Finally arrived, but unfortunately it does not work like it is supposed to, Every time the cam records a video, when I play it back and watch the footage the audio has a terrible wavy background noise when watched on the cam its self and on my computer as well. I tried changing the resolution, loop recording, exposure, date on to off, motion detection, and all other settings. I even tried the original charger and another charger from a other car cam and still no progress. I formatted the memory card and even used a Class 10 card and a Class 4 Micro SDHC and still no luck. Could you please help me with my problem is there a solution for it without having to exchange the item?
Also if it is important the firmware on my car cam came with 2013.05237.01 Please get back to me asap
Best regards, Reda"

So can anyone help me please? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Audio noise actually went away with use now, How great!
Thanks for the Response Niko

Hi, I'm not sure what the waving background noise sounds like. Can someone upload a video so I can hear what it actually sounds like?
What I have is some vibrating noise, and I'm not sure where it's coming from, the mount or something inside the dash cam.
I will upload a video later to let you guys know, and see if this is the waving background noise people are talking

Hi, I'm not sure what the waving background noise sounds like. Can someone upload a video so I can hear what it actually sounds like?
What I have is some vibrating noise, and I'm not sure where it's coming from, the mount or something inside the dash cam.
I will upload a video later to let you guys know, and see if this is the waving background noise people are talking

Good question, I have some vibration noise too, in beginning was everything OK, but now after 20-30 days......... I thing is some microphone problem, not firmware because in the beginning was OK, maybe mic is not connected tightly ?????

My vibration/rattling noise started from Day 1. I read in this thread:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/rattling-problem-solved.3664/

Looks like battery is loose inside. I'm going to look inside but don't really know where to pry open for easy access without damaging the frame.
Does anyone have an idea how to pry it open?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've uploaded a segment from today:

You can clearly hear the vibrations. Not so surprising that there's no vibration sound when the car is stopped.

Yeap, that's it. The same problem o_O

Edit/update , sorry I also added the link to my posting which was a duplicate of another post on this thread.
I will add photos on how to take it apart vary soon.

So I found my vibrating noise problem. It's coming from the buttons beside the screens being loose. It seems to have not enough dampening materials, so when the car is moving, it causes the buttons to vibrate and make that noise.

I managed to take the cam apart, had to rough it up a bit but no severe damage, just dents. Then I had to unscrew the 4 small screws on the circuit board to go beneath it and look at the 4 buttons. They were being "dampened" with a piece of masking tape of sort on each side, and it did not really do much obviously. I took a bigger piece of tape (just Scotch, probably masking tape would be better but I had none), and taped a bigger area on each side. I put back the board in place, screwed it back on, and snapped the frame back.

Looked at my videos today from my commute, and voila no more vibrating noise!

So I found my vibrating noise problem. It's coming from the buttons beside the screens being loose. It seems to have not enough dampening materials, so when the car is moving, it causes the buttons to vibrate and make that noise.

I managed to take the cam apart, had to rough it up a bit but no severe damage, just dents. Then I had to unscrew the 4 small screws on the circuit board to go beneath it and look at the 4 buttons. They were being "dampened" with a piece of masking tape of sort on each side, and it did not really do much obviously. I took a bigger piece of tape (just Scotch, probably masking tape would be better but I had none), and taped a bigger area on each side. I put back the board in place, screwed it back on, and snapped the frame back.

Looked at my videos today from my commute, and voila no more vibrating noise!

I do it too, problem solved, no more vibration noise, Thanks 25jai

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jackal G1WX 10
D G1WX 30
Back