Waving Video Image

Duke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is it normal for you guys?

It does it other times when not as hot.

Does it do it before uploading to YouTube?

? What has uploading to you tube have to do with wavy video image? Its during the recording in the car.

Regards
Duke

YouTube's software video stabilization feature can introduce some bizarre artifacts when the camera is still and the subject is moving.

But nothing was moving in that scene though.

Regards
Duke

It was only a suggestion, based on DSLR manufacturers' recommendation to turn image stabilization off when the camera is tripod-mounted and the knowledge that YouTube's stabilization can do funny things when the scene is not typical hand-held video. I'm not saying that it is the cause, and a "yes, it's like that from the camera" to my first question would have sufficed.

Sorry to come across as rude. I'm baffled at the question when i posted in the youtube video as a heat issue related. Thanks for telling me anyway about youtube's stabilisation as I didn't know it does do those things.

Regards
Duke

More information. After reviewing the footages... I notice this effect happens more now after the 44c hot day. It seems to happen after running a bit. Heat has definitely caused something.

Previously but not yet after the hot day.

Previously but not yet after the hot day.

ok, there's some of these that have the lens glued on rather than screwed to the board and the image screws up when it gets hot, something you would have noticed I would think

Glued or doubled sided definrley not screwed.... Its only on one side the wave though thinking battery?

Glued or doubled sided definrley not screwed.... Its only on one side the wave though thinking battery?

if yours is not screwed on then this is a symptom of that, when they get hot the lens is not stable, not sure which factory is responsible for this but it's very poor form for the sake of saving a few cents

Seemed tight... Will check in a bit to see if loose

Seemed tight... Will check in a bit to see if loose

you are talking about the lens fixing to the board yeah, not just the threaded section on the lens (this is glued in place and is normal), if there's no screws holding the lens to the board then the lens shifts as the board heats up, the CMOS sensor generates a fair bit of heat

Yeap not the threaded one. Seems strange ok before but ever since after the hottest day it has been doing it after running a few mins.

Yeap not the threaded one. Seems strange ok before but ever since after the hottest day it has been doing it after running a few mins.

if the provision for the screws is there putting a couple in might fix your issue for you

Actually it is screwed now that i looked really close.

aduhu2ug.jpg

4ymabapy.jpg

ok well that's good news, still doesn't track down your problem though, lens quality could still be an issue, the all plastic ones can get out of shape when they heat up

It's like I am looking at the oasis desert effect when people see heat raise up from hot surface, but Jokiin could be right about possible cheap plastic lens. They cut corners sometime to sell for cheap and make some money at the same time.

Back