What are best cloud storage services for use with dash cams or cellphones?

Who would destroy/confiscate your dash cam following an accident?

A simple way is to install a second dash cam and hide it.

Put a box with a small forward facing hole over the cam and hide the cabling.

The whole idea sounds crazy.

Get a gun. That will solve your problem quicker.

I'm not talking about the driver of the other vehicle that is involved in the accident. I"m talking about rogue police that want to destroy evidence of misconduct the commit. Getting a gun isn't a solution either, it will create more problems than it can "solve." Besides, I don't think I have the courage to shoot anyone lol.
I'd just say "Yeah, it's a dashcam and an expensive one. It continuously uploads to the cloud and it's on right now." As little as most people know about this stuff the lie would probably be believed ending the problem. The most powerful tool and weapon you can get is already between your ears :cool:

Phil

I would agree that reason and common sense is definitely the best policy regarding these kinds of incidents. The problem Phil is that those that have an agenda to execute don't share those ideals. These actors don't respect the protections the constitution provides against unreasonable search and seizure. The only protection we have as law abiding citizen is to record so that the truth may come to light.

Are you getting a dash cam to video tape the cops harassing you.. or to capture video footage of an accident ?

There is a free Android/iOS phone app released by the ACLU (or is it NAACP?) where the video footage you record is instantly transferred to their servers. I don't know for how long they keep the video footage on their servers. But in the event the cop confiscates your phone, the entire event including the confiscation will be on its way to their servers - for later retrieval.

You can do that... or you can do as I suggested and take the dirty cop out like Clint Eastwood.

Last edited:
Are you getting a dash cam to video tape the cops harassing you.. or to capture video footage of an accident ?

There is an Android/iOS phone app released by the ACLU (or is it NAACP?) where the video footage you record is instantly transferred to their servers. I don't know for how long they keep the video footage on their servers. But in the event the cop confiscates your phone, the entire event including the confiscation will be on its way to their servers - for later retrieval.

You can do that... or you can do as I suggested and take the dirty cop out like Clint Eastwood.

I'd suggest the latter.

I have an excellent app that does live streaming called bambuster. The cam is to record my driving so that I can't be falsely accused of committing traffic infractions. I've had two incidents so far where I was accused of not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. Of course this was just a pretext to start questioning me for no reason. The second stop involved being asked to consent to a search which I didn't consent. The officer used profanity and even unholstered its handgun to intimidate me into complying. Having a dash cam would have exonerated me and would have allowed me to file a complaint using the video recorded as evidence of the incident. Can you guess what would have happened to that recorder if it found it? Think about it.........

I hear you. Perhaps what you need is a clip on camera (clipped to your shirt pocket) that does not draw attention. If the officer tells you to get out of the car, you can comply while still knowing he's being recorded. Do not reach into your pocket like you're gonna pull a gun on him or it won't end well for you. That's why the camera has to be immediately deployable on your shirt pocket before the cop reaches your driver side window.

You could put your phone in the cup holder with the camera lens pointing towards the driver's window. Or you could have a swivel mount on a dash cam. But if the officer asks you to get out of the vehicle and you reach for your phone, it may panic him.

A cell phone app that just records your driving will be facing out the front window. It won't capture the officer's face and mannerisms during the encounter.

Most cops I have encountered here have been courteous and professional. I'm not sure what its like in the US.

I hear you. Perhaps what you need is a clip on camera (clipped to your shirt pocket) that does not draw attention. If the officer tells you to get out of the car, you can comply while still knowing he's being recorded. Do not reach into your pocket like you're gonna pull a gun on him or it won't end well for you. That's why the camera has to be immediately deployable on your shirt pocket before the cop reaches your driver side window.

You could put your phone in the cup holder with the camera lens pointing towards the driver's window. Or you could have a swivel mount on a dash cam. But if the officer asks you to get out of the vehicle and you reach for your phone, it may panic him.

A cell phone app that just records your driving will be facing out the front window. It won't capture the officer's face and mannerisms during the encounter.

Most cops I have encountered here have been courteous and professional. I'm not sure what its like in the US.

I agree with all you have said and good tips that I will implement. The problem we have in the US is that there is very little accountability for misconduct. They are immune to civil prosecution and juries in criminal proceedings are unwilling to indict or much less convict even when presented with overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing. This I believe has led to an attitude among many of them that the are above the law and can violate people's civil rights or even end their life with impunity. There are many honorable officers that do an excellent job and work under very stressful conditions but unfortunately there are many that for whatever reason can't cope with the stress and in turn take it out on the public. This is my opinion of course but all you need to do is google police brutality in the U.S. and you will see the truth. I have been the victim of this as well. Just this year there have been multiple riots and violent demonstrations because of this abuse.

I am a veteran member of NO MA'AM, and so i know getting pulled over is the least of a man's problems in life. :D

On topic. Accountability is laggin just as much here, and i think like in so many other places around the world the problem is all over society, form the lowest low to the very top.
And when goverment go "big brother" on me, well then i will return the favor, and thankfully ignorance is also abundant in most government branches.

Just made this little flick today, made with the x camera in development, and just vedged up above the sun visor.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/driving-101.14286/#post-186545

I am pretty sure if any Danish cop would spot that camera up there it would be down to his luck, but it will not happen as i allways get out of my car when i have been pulled over.
Of Course getting out of the car that in the US will be "problematic" for local reasons, here it's no problem though we are similar countries to a large degree.
Next time i get pulled over i will try to get them to arrest me, if they do that for more then 10 minutes with no real reason then i am eligible for 2500 DKkr for wrongfull arrest.

Just an update on my search for a streaming dashcam. The device has finally arrived but with some limitations. It's call the vieu2, http://www.vievu.com/vievu-products/hardware/#vievu-squared
It streams video and audio from cam to smartphone via wifi connection. This allows you to detach device for use as a body cam as well. This device is currently in use as a body cam with NYPD and other law enforcement departments. The limitation I speak of is that there isn't an app that will upload video to a cloud server for remote storage once the video is recorded to smartphone autonomously. The company does have a cloud storage service that provides this functionality but I don't' think it is available to consumers. I'm sure there is an API that some intrepid programmer can use to allow automatic uploading to Bambuster video streaming service ;-) The video can be uploaded to dropbox, facebook, youtube, etc at a later point in time.

New to your forum. Searching for a dashcam unit with cloud storage capability. I have seen reponses suggesting using an android phone. This is not acceptable. If there is is a dashcam with this capability please identify it. If there is none just say so. With respect to forum members, I am asking a no BS question ... I want a no BS answer.

Just an update on my search for a streaming dashcam. The device has finally arrived but with some limitations. It's call the vieu2, http://www.vievu.com/vievu-products/hardware/#vievu-squared
It streams video and audio from cam to smartphone via wifi connection. This allows you to detach device for use as a body cam as well. This device is currently in use as a body cam with NYPD and other law enforcement departments. The limitation I speak of is that there isn't an app that will upload video to a cloud server for remote storage once the video is recorded to smartphone autonomously. The company does have a cloud storage service that provides this functionality but I don't' think it is available to consumers. I'm sure there is an API that some intrepid programmer can use to allow automatic uploading to Bambuster video streaming service ;-) The video can be uploaded to dropbox, facebook, youtube, etc at a later point in time.
Does the link you provided allow 'civilians' to use the cloud function?

New to your forum. Searching for a dashcam unit with cloud storage capability. I have seen reponses suggesting using an android phone. This is not acceptable. If there is is a dashcam with this capability please identify it. If there is none just say so. With respect to forum members, I am asking a no BS question ... I want a no BS answer.

you will see more products coming with this type of functionality

This isn't in any way a working solution but there are wi-fi enabled SD cards that can automatically upload files.
But:
I don't think there's anything in a microSD format
It's probably not flexible enough to handle uploading via your phone to a remote location
It would probably drain your phone battery quite quickly and the data volume would be massive
Reliability of these cards is probably worse

Just mentioning it because it's an interesting possibility 'one day', but I don't think there's much future in wi-fi SD cards as more and more devices have wi-fi built in.

Needed: dashcam with image storage to cloud.

Blackvue with cloud function is the closest at the moment, there are others with similar functionality coming, none will upload everything to the cloud anytime soon (if that's what you had in mind) as there's far too much data to deal with for that to be practical, not based on any current technology at least

Back