What car do you drive?

man ya'll are rich! i just drive a 2012 civic. my avatar picture is actually a pic i took... yes while driving, i know its stupid as hell to take a pic while driving, but look at how beautiful it is!

bnr32

wont let me upload pics
post the pic to tinypic.com and then use the little hill and sun icon next to the smiley to link it here

Here it is
+1 for DD and Car show. Consider putting a camera in and putting some DashCamTalk cards under your hood.

Do you work at a pipe plant? Or is that just a photo op?
I used to work at the Ocean pipe plant.
That looks like Ocean pipe but I can't see the stamp.
Might even be the Oak street bridge in the background.

I am not sure what the place was called but it was just a simple photoshoot location.

It is near Marine Drive from what I can remember!

2nlqqfa.jpg

Just installed hid projectors, glare is off the parker led

u4xh3.jpg

another angle, too much foreground lighting, oem lens/glass distorts cut off ;-(

I changed a lot on it in the last weeks :)
bild1.jpg

If you want to see more you can visit my page :)

Just installed hid projectors, glare is off the parker led
Hopefully the HIDs were done right. On this side of the water everyone tosses them in the stock housing and light bounces everywhere. It has become a real problem lately although since you are RHD I guess you could just get the correctly projected housings from Japan. I know they made stock RHD Z32 Fairlady HID housings that cost about 1000 USD to buy and get shipped over here.

Never the less nice ride. Looks clean

My last 2 subaru's -still have the black one.
R221.jpg

WRX was sold because I could not afford the petrol costs - regret selling it but running 2 Jap imports was getting expensive.

Joklin - spot on. slightly modified mind.
Vortex 2.0" drainpipe exhaust -front cat only.
HKS turbotimer with boost controller. Uprated clutch and intercooler on stock TD05 Turbo.
Can't remember exact dyno but around 250bhp

Std discs with uprated pads

I had an MY99, fantastic car

They look interesting. I've looked at a few and see a lot running around.
Have you had any big issues with your Subbies Keiman or jokiin? I was really liking the 2008 or so Turbo Legacy GTs I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one but then started to read about a lot of motor and turbo problems. Some people had replaced turbos a few times, and one guy was on his second or third motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 4 all bought new, MY99, MY01 WRX, MY04, MY07 Forrester XT, never had an issue with any of them, excellent build quality
Thanks jokiin. The WRX was second on my list next to the Legacy. I always like to aim for something a little different There are a lot of WRX around here. Blue and Silver seem to be the popular color, but even a few dealers i've talked to along with regular owners have all said the WRX (and I am guessing regular Imprezza as well) is built better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe true with cars, but otherwise my Nikon dslr will disagree, only had my SD Card in and out of it 2 times before i encountered problems there.

So now i have a micro sd adapter card in the camera, and then pry the Little SD Card out of that when needed.

I saw ( on tv ) the plant in yokohama where they make the engine for the GT-R :eek: damm they are serious about those engines :cool:

Never had a problem with my Scoobies, know people who have had problems but they have all been on modified engines that were pushed over 300bhp or the owners were just not mechanical minded and did not let the car warm up properly before giving it a bit of welly.
Handy when you have a mate who works for a Subaru main dealer. WRX/STI best way to go. Forget the new BRZ, have heard its Toyota version is better.

Hopefully the HIDs were done right. On this side of the water everyone tosses them in the stock housing and light bounces everywhere. It has become a real problem lately although since you are RHD I guess you could just get the correctly projected housings from Japan. I know they made stock RHD Z32 Fairlady HID housings that cost about 1000 USD to buy and get shipped over here.

Never the less nice ride. Looks clean
I used FXR morrimoto bixenon projectors, everyone here runs PnP **** here to0 in their crap boxes, makes it pretty bad in my car since you sit fairly low to the ground- worse in the mrs car, the father in law decided it was a good idea to clean the windshield with scotch bright and the tiny scratches make glare twice as bad.

Ever driven on the Offside in front of a Honda euro lux? That's just as bad and they are OEM ECE cut off!

MY98 model?

Looks like 95/96, it has slotted vents and early grill

Vortex 2.0" drainpipe exhaust -front cat only.
HKS turbotimer with boost controller. Uprated clutch and intercooler on stock TD05 Turbo.
Can't remember exact dyno but around 250bhp

Std discs with uprated pads

yeah 97/98 never came with the TD05, only RS liberty, ver 1 and 2 WRX

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one but then started to read about a lot of motor and turbo problems. Some people had replaced turbos a few times, and one guy was on his second or third motor.I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one but then started to read about a lot of motor and turbo problems. Some people had replaced turbos a few times, and one guy was on his second or third motor.
The later models have a better chassis, the GC8's get really soft once you start to drive them hard (lots of track without any bracing). Chassis stiffness improved on GD onwards

Most of the liberty/legacy have filters on the turbos, which need to be cleaned but for some reason they wernt getting done at the dealer which cause lack of oil to the turbos causing failure. This was a problem for some WRX/sti's but I forget what year models, it was something like 08 to 09

Only other thing is the Ver 1-4 don't like being tracked, they have the weaker center thrust bearing and you will spin a big end. They are fine for the street though. The 99-on moved to a rear thrust which is much better. If you do an engine rebuild on a V1-4 use the later model bearings and mill your block to accept them

makes it pretty bad in my car since you sit fairly low to the ground
Same thing happens in the Camaro and Firebird. They sit so low driving in front of someone at night who has them can be a nightmare. The back window in the Firebird is tinted just to cut down on the HID splatter from cars behind.

.......causing failure.
I did not read that. I've never had a Turbo car before and wanted to try something new I've always had RWD V8s. I seen a lot of people saying to stay away from the Turbo Legacy GTs because they would not last past 150K, but no one ever seemed to mention a reason why so thanks for the info

Generally they are pretty reliable provided you maintain them and research around for the little things like the oil feed which should be checked every oil change. You can do it yourself however it is a little cramped as it feeds from the head.

Back in the day, we had a client who had done 350k klms on his 95 model wrx with mild mods and regular services.

Personally if I had a late model with the gauze pre filter, I would punch it out simply because its a pain to clean and the difference in turbo life isn't worth it when bushed turbos ran under 17psi will last 100k and stock rebuilds are sub $400 and ball bearing upgrades are less then 1k

Back