What car do you drive?

I did not read that. I've never had a Turbo car before and wanted to try something new I've always had RWD V8s.
You've got to try a turbo petrol at some point in your life - this was my old Aristo (basically a Lexus body shell with the 3 litre twin turbo lump which the Supra shared). It drove like a V8 and had a Greddy boost controller & FMIC, HKS SSQV and SLD (speed limit removal), Blitz R-Vit for monitoring and all sorts of toys.

It was a proper sleeper car (although the exhaust did kind of give people a clue) - I really miss it now and wouldn't mind another for a weekend car :)

It was double the bhp and had more torque than what I drive now (a 200bhp VW TDI)!

p10100551024vg8.jpg

p1010053mj5.jpg

p1010049oc4.jpg

aristo_mkII_FMIC1.jpg

p1010049eq7.jpg

p1010084ic0.jpg

p1010057cv2.jpg

p1010073uj6.jpg

Having issues mate? I had a Punto years ago and that thing used to break a lot, especially for the small milage it did! I remember it was one day old and the wind caught the door and it wouldn't shut - had to go to the dealers for a week to get that sorted!

Is that a Fiat Coupe? Lovely cars they are!

yes .. 20vt low 18,456 miles.

its 40 to 100 mph in third is legendary as it can overtake in the blink of an eye ;)

Always wanted one after seeing them at a launch in Roma, and one day with the numbers dropping my guess is it will be a true italian classic.

ok, ok..

i get the point, they can be unreliable but the chris bangle designed coupe i can forgive anything its so good looking and special in being so rare !

I can confirm it is a dam sight more reliable than a lotus ! and its true - Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious !

this was my old Aristo (basically a Lexus body shell with the 3 litre twin turbo lump which the Supra shared).
I had to look it up. It's sold as a Lexus GS here, but I guess we did not get the turbo version. The JZS147 Turbo Toyota Aristo was japan only according to the Wiki

nice toyota rev! after seeing your old avatar (of the british reverand) I thought you were and old cuss, but after seeing that car I beg to differ! Unless you are an old coot AND you drive fast cars! ;)

That car is might nice sir. mighty nice. I would miss it too!

after seeing your old avatar (of the british reverand)
I assumed that was from the TV show Father Ted. I just grabbed the first series on DVD.
To get back on track what's parked up your way Dionic90?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always had a thing for Japanese cars and Toyota in particular. This is my 2014 Toyota Auris Hybrid that I got at the beginning of this month. :)

Auris_front.png Auris_rear.png

I assumed that was from the TV show Father Ted. I just grabbed the first series on DVD.
To get back on track what's parked up your way Dionic90?

Ya that's the show. I guess for some unknown reason I thought @reverend was a much older fellow... Like in his 50s or 60s! I have no rhyme or reason why I thought that...:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha I might still be! 35 years young really and living the dream! People do think I'm older though - must have been the hard paper round!

Back