What does SD card symbol mean on display?

Steve_Parry

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Many over 10 years. Currently 1 x SG9663DCPRO, 1 x SG9663DR
Hi guys,
Probably a question already asked and answered but I can't find it!
I'm on v1.35 and there is a symbol of an SD card in the bottom RH corner. What does this mean? I thought it meant there was a problem, but everything seems to be work OK.
Thanks!
Cheers
...Steve

can you make this symbol green when there is a valid card in there and red and flashing or something when its missing or faulty??

Wozzzzza's idea is good - as it is it looked like an error flag to me (which is why I questioned it). I was going to suggest reverse the way it works - just show the symbol if the SIM card has a problem.
Cheers
...Steve

Wozzzzza's idea is good - as it is it looked like an error flag to me (which is why I questioned it). I was going to suggest reverse the way it works - just show the symbol if the SIM card has a problem.
Cheers
...Steve

the camera has a bunch of warnings for card problems already, if it were a warning it would generally have a cross though it or be red in colour

Hi Jokiin,
Fair enough. I'm just suggesting that if the SD card is working do we need a display symbol at all? If so, at least make it green to indicate OK (as Wozzzza suggested). Are all the symbols and their various meanings documented in the user documents (I couldn't find it anywhere)? That might help reduce silly questions like mine:)

Keep up the great work BTW!

Cheers
...Steve

your question about that icon is as far as I can recall the first time it has been asked, if we go and remove it will that then confuse our entire user base that has been seeing it for the past year, not sure

OK - That's good old pedantic me:) Is making it green an option?

The mic and gps symbols appear green while functioning properly but the record shows orange on the screen. I agree that green would be less confusing. As stated there is no mention of the symbols nor colors regarding these symbols.

The mic and gps symbols appear green while functioning properly but the record shows orange on the screen. I agree that green would be less confusing. As stated there is no mention of the symbols nor colors regarding these symbols.

rec light flashes red which is a standard that has been around forever, the MIC and GPS icons were previously just white, we changed to the colours to make them easier to see which mode they were in

Yes we ( well me and jokiin ) have been over this before, the red dot have always been recognized as recording underway on video cameras and i assume other things too.
And while i do like change, then as Jokiin said, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Back