What is "Memory Error"?

I swapped out the card, now on day 3 with no issues.

I just saw this post today and i must say i am brand new to Dash Cams and haven't even gotten to try my new Camera yet because i'm still waiting for a memory card....which leads me to my observation. First, i have noticed many,many A119 and A119S users having "issues" because they are using the wrong memory card. This even leads to RMA returns at times and Frustration for the buyers,"bad reviews" and causes them to re-think their purchase. My question to VIOFO or re-sellers is simple. Why not INCLUDE The recommended memory card In the initial Package and add it into the price of the Camera? Of course giving the option of Card Size at an increased price OR just Include a proper card that is adequate to get the new buyer up and running right away. I'm sitting here since April 30th with a brand new A119S and still no way to even try it out because I don't have a memory card yet...it's "on the way" says Amazon.. since April 30th.. Today is May 5th,and no telling when the memory card will get here. Frustration is starting to set in now. I also took a look at Street Guardian and they do it right! They offer a complete package to get you going right away. Maybe i should have bought from them as they have a very good product with great support. I found myself on Amazon ordering all kinds of extra's for this A119S already and i'm thinking to myself... why should I have to have so many different orders for different accessories all arriving on different days from different sellers?? I have Ordered the memory card,a cpl filter, 12v to 5 v mini usb power adapter,mini fuse tap and suction mount. I Think all of this stuff should be included for the customer as a package and the price adjusted accordingly. This just might help VIOFO in the long run with improved customer experience and satisfaction, Less RMA returns and Less "bad reviews" and more recommendations by happy users. Just my 2 cents... any other thoughts on this?

I have not have any problem with my Samsung 64gb pro, PNY 64/128GB card. which I bought in my local store.

I have 2 A119s there has been running for 5 month, without any problem:).

i have noticed many,many A119 and A119S users having "issues" because they are using the wrong memory card.
People should do a little better research before there buy new items in general. The most of the time it work fine. Other time we learn from the failure.
In these case. Take responsible and don't blame other from your lack of knowledge.

I don't have a memory card yet...it's "on the way" says Amazon.. since April 30th.. Today is May 5th,and no telling when the memory card will get here. Frustration is starting to set in now.
Why did you save on shipping, when you know time is important?

why should I have to have so many different orders for different accessories all arriving on different days from different sellers??
Short answer: You don't have to, but you chose.

My advise next time you want to buy a camera and a whole packet, and you not sure where to get it. Ask here. Most likely you will get an answer in few hours.

Why not INCLUDE The recommended memory card In the initial Package
PS: I like that you can buy camera without SD card.

Why did you save on shipping, when you know time is important?

I didn't and Never do try to save on shipping! That comment was just uncalled for without you knowing the facts OR knowing me! The memory card said In Stock when i ordered it on Amazon. I wasn't given any other shipping option on THIS Item. I'm an Amazon Prime member since the program Started and THIS item is listed as prime shipping which is normally 2 days. I Just got an update when I Logged into Amazon on this memory card and it now says i "may" get it by May 9th.. it has a Tracking number for several days that is invalid.. And...What is that comment about " Take responsible and don't blame other from your lack of knowledge".... REALLY....?? That sounds kinda harsh and uncalled for! My POINT i was trying to make is... If i go buy a brand new car and pay for it... i don't want to THEN have to go find some other guy and buy 4 wheels and tires that may arrive in 2 weeks so i can then drive it. This is an incomplete product the way it is sold now. That's just a fact.. it can't work without a memory card. Most consumers are not as smart as you. You can't deny the facts about the countless posts and RMA's and Bad product reviews all because of memory card issues. Again, my post was meant to point out "MY"opinion on how better to improve the customer experience, reduce RMA's and bad reviews. Include the recommended Memory Card and Increase the price, at LEAST give that option to buyers. I Think it is called better marketing practice that certainly couldn't hurt any Company. I'm enclosing a screenshot taken just now of the Amazon Prime Item,that NOW says out of stock until May 9th.. would you like to also see where this seller said it was shipped and the tracking number that is bogus?? Please don't just jump on people without knowing the facts...this should be a friendly forum... memory.png tracking.png

Most consumers are not as smart as you.
I'm not smart and I have also learn the expensive way. But I just have to suck it up and move forward. Later I found out I could have avoid it, if I have spend more time on research. It was 100% my fault and only me to blame.

The memory card said In Stock when i ordered it on Amazon. I wasn't given any other shipping option on THIS Item. I'm an Amazon Prime member since the program Started and THIS item is listed as prime shipping which is normally 2 days. I Just got an update when I Logged into Amazon on this memory card and it now says i "may" get it by May 9th.. it has a Tracking number for several days that is invalid
There is many reason why I keep it to a minimum of shopping from Amazon. You just give me one more.

Please don't just jump on people without knowing the facts...this should be a friendly forum...
It was not meant to offend any.

andrew.png samsungcards.png Thank you, I really have tried to read and learn as much as possible. There is always more to learn from people with experience such as yourself. That is why i joined this forum. I see you are having good results with the 2 memory cards in your previous post and that is good to know. The reason i didn't get that Samsung Pro card was of what I read directly from Samsung while trying to educate myself. (I'll post a screen shot here). Since you are using it and have no issues it is good information and i appreciate that. samsungcards.png

Last edited:
@Rayny2e
I spend 3 month on this forum, before I joint it. Another half year, before I bought my first dash cam, which is not listed in my avatar.
Its my little silent protest.
The problem with expanding you knowledge is, you find out there is much more you don't know.

The reason i didn't get that Samsung Pro card was of what I read directly from Samsung while trying to educate myself.
I wont recommend it either, but it have been running 1 1/2 year now. I might just have been lucky.

Back