what is: Power on=[1];power on time,0:delay,1:fast

fredp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do people use this setting for in the syscfg.txt?

Add delay on function setting Power on=[1];set system power on time,0:delay,1:fast

i searched here and found on this forum this post (not about mobius apparently as it doesn have the second specification settings):

Add delay on function setting, 5sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min, OFF (sometimes needed for diesel vehicles to prevent power surge when cranking, default setting OFF)

does anyone know what the setting was originally meant for? thanks

fredp said:
Add delay on function setting, 5sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min, OFF (sometimes needed for diesel vehicles to prevent power surge when cranking, default setting OFF)

this is from one of my cameras, unrelated to the Mobius function

Hello, thanks for writing, what is the Mobius function then, if its different from your camera,

what is Power on=0 for?
thx

fredp said:
Hello, thanks for writing, what is the Mobius function then, if its different from your camera,

what is Power on=0 for?
thx

I don't have a Mobius but I'd assume one option is fast boot, the other adds a delay, try it and see I guess

i tried the Power on=[0];power on time,0:delay,1:fast

but i didnt notice any change in delay when the car turns on (in the default fast mode it already had a delay of around 2 seconds)

fredp said:

but i didnt notice any change in delay when the car turns on (in the default fast mode it already had a delay of around 2 seconds)
It only affects manual turn ON it's not an option for in-car autostart.

drh said:
fredp said:

It only affects manual turn ON it's not an option for in-car autostart.

Just a guess - is it to do with the length of time you need to hold down the power button before it turns the cam on?
0 = turn on stright away, 1 = press for 1 second, 2= press for 2 seconds etc etc - to prevent accidentally turning it on in your pocket & draining the battery.

Back