what kind of memory card is best for A118-C?

I've been having problems with my A118-C, and I just discovered via h2testw that the problem is my Samsung SD card. I just ordered a Transcend (32 Gb, Class 10), and I'm hoping for better luck this time...

With all dashcams, the SD cards seem to be a little hit-and-miss. What works for someone else may not work for you; what doesn't work for them might work for you but if you see several people say it didn't work it's a bad bet to try that card. Best to start with the exact cards that others say work fine for them.

The only certainty with SD cards is that there are lots of fake SanDisk cards on the market so those are best avoided as they will definitely not work for your dashcam. Just keep trying long enough and you'll find a card that works. Save, swap, or sell those that don't- they are still useful in other roles.

Phil

With all dashcams, the SD cards seem to be a little hit-and-miss. What works for someone else may not work for you; what doesn't work for them might work for you but if you see several people say it didn't work it's a bad bet to try that card. Best to start with the exact cards that others say work fine for them.

Phil
Well, in my case (amazingly enough) I just followed the instructions in the leaflet that came inside the box! It says "buy a genuine Class 10 Kingston card", so I did. However, I also used the Class 6 SanDisk Ultra several times and never had any problems with it, but a card and USB reader pack that cost me almost €50 last year, can only be an original. :)

Back