What memory card do you use?

Trollcifer

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just wondering what cards people are most successful with.

Just got a new ITB-100HD and purchased a 32 GB Class 10 Transcend off of Amazon. Worked fine for a year, but just stopped working after 3 or 4 days. Amazon is going to replacement but wonder how long that will last for... Propably shoulda opted for the Sandisk.

I am currently using a Verbatim 32gb SDHC Class 10
Can't fault it yet!

Cost 50 Euro.

Review:
Code:
http://www.examiner.com/review/tech-review-verbatim-32gb-sdhc-class-10-memory-card

Hi Trollcifer,

I have used SanDisk and Kingston without any problems. Really any name brand Class 10 SDCard should be adequate.

Anyone know what class the standard 8GB card with the ITB-100HD comes with?

Also going form say a class 6 to a class 10 card has what benefits? Im guessing faster recording but does this result in higher quality recording?

Hi snailtrail,

Not sure what class the 8GB SD card that comes with the ITB-100HD is. I never checked.

A class 6 card records at least 6Mbps. Since the ITB-100HD's bitrate is 6Mbps, a class 6 card is the minimum. If your card happens to be a bit slower, you will lose frames and video quality may suffer. This is why most recommend a class 10 card (10Mbps) since it is more than fast enough for this cam.

This is the card that came with my ITB100HD. It does not say what class it is. My wife said the cam started beeping for several minutes until she shut off the car and restarted it. The beeping stopped after the restart. I'm guessing that the beeping indicated the card was full and it was going into the looping mode where it would erase the oldest file.

I still cannot get the ITB player to format the card. I was able to format the card in the DashCam by pushing the Mic button for 5 seconds as it states in the manual. But even after that the player still says a format failed.

I ran a microSD(HC) card test using this program: H2test2 1.4.

Here are the test results:
Warning: Only 7633 of 7634 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 9.56 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

So it looks like using the write speed of 9.56 indicates that the card is a Class 10 card which is running slightly under the Class 10 speed.
I verified a speed of 9.3 MBytes/s using a different SD card reader.

Attachments

• SDHC1 (Small).jpg
    SDHC1 (Small).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,244
  • SDHC2 (Small).jpg
    SDHC2 (Small).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,243
Thanks for the info guys! - was going to buy a class 10 card - now I dont have to - looking forward to my ITB100HD turning up.

Having problem with my SD card today,unable to format on the pc player and the cam itself. Format failed. It was ok when I was driving to office not until I stop and park I had a continuos non stop beeping on the cam. Could it be the sd card is corrupted? Coz nothing was recorded on the card. It's ok with my other sd card which is also a class 10 32gb.

To be sure about recording data rate, class 6 is enough.
If you are transferring almost all your recordings use class 10.
Many people will think the 32GB is the best because of size, but think also to its price.
If you are planning to offer your SD Card when some event (accident) occured, to the police as evidence, use 8GB or 16GB.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Eazy,

Sounds like a corrupted card. Really these cards get a lot of use and the dash cam environment is not the best for life expectancy (heat, cold, vibration).

I guess these SD cards end up being expendibles over time

just fyi i use a Transcend class 10 32Gb card.
not problems here.

though i must say: i had 2 or 3 times now (since i have the cam: Nov 2012) that suddenly (already driving for more than half an hour) the camera starts beeping alot. i have to turn it off and on again and it works well. but i do miss recordings from the beeping until the cam is fully started again.

Vince33 said:
not problems here.

though i must say: i had 2 or 3 times now (since i have the cam: Nov 2012) that suddenly (already driving for more than half an hour) the camera starts beeping alot. i have to turn it off and on again and it works well. but i do miss recordings from the beeping until the cam is fully started again.

I've had similar issues with Transcend card where it would suddenly not be recognised and would give an error

jokiin said:
Vince33 said:
not problems here.

I've had similar issues with Transcend card where it would suddenly not be recognised and would give an error

Really? Did you have exactly the same card? Type and space?
I thought these cards were usually very good so i'm a bit surprised.
What card do you use now which is better?

Vince33 said:
jokiin said:
Vince33 said:
not problems here.

Really? Did you have exactly the same card? Type and space?
I thought these cards were usually very good so i'm a bit surprised.
What card do you use now which is better?

Transcend Class10 SD card and MicroSD cards (2 different cams)

I use either Sandisk Class10 U1 or Samsung Class10 and haven't had any issue, have used 20 or more of these without any issues coming up

Help! I lost my original sd card that came with my itb100. I bought a new 32gb sd card and used the player to format it. I used the recovery format initially. After which when i wanted to change the settings of the recording, the player says that it could not write onto the sd card. So what should be the exact step?

Because I didn't back up any files on the pc, may i know how to format my sd card on the dvr itself?

I'm using a phillips class 10 32gb.

jokiin said:

You say about those transcends that you had often problems, right?

Vince33 said:
jokiin said:

You say about those transcends that you had often problems, right?

I did, the cards work fine on the PC, was just getting random write errors in cams, replaced the cards and never had the issue again

Sandisk: Ultra or Extreme?
You write U1, so i guess that means Ultra is not an option?
I would expect the Ultra is enough but you say you have U1, so that's the Extreme right?

Back