What micro SD card can I use?

Maxwell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini DVR 0801
Good morning everyone.

I've read that you can't have anything better than a Class 6 micro SD card or it'll cause the camera to play up. I've been looking for a 32GB Class 6 so that I have as much space and speed as possible without any risk. I have no idea which to buy, though, as I don't want to spend money on something just to find out the camera doesn't support it or that it crashes.

I read one post somewhere which said a 16GB Samsung worked but not the 32GB. Can anybody recommend a decent micro SD card with high speed and capacity for ~£11 that'll work perfectly in the Mini 0801?

Thanks.

The only advantage of the faster class 10 card is when transferring/reading data files from the card on the PC with a card reader. Not sure if there's any advantage when transferring data from the 0801 via USB.

Thanks for the replies. So class 10 cards are ok now? I'll be transferring via USB probably, I can get the files off of the card via USB cable into the camera right? That Samsung does look nice. Any other recommendations?

I'm using a Samsung 64GB SDXC class 10 and it works fine.

I have been using a 16GB Class 4 with no problems whatsoever. I used that card simply because it is one I already had... in fact, I took it out of the Midland XTC 200 camera that is mounted to my motorcycle helmet. The card works great but I want to put it back in the Midland camera, so I got a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card. Here is a direct link: http://goo.gl/Jj1rSr

This card also comes with a SD adapter and a USB adapter which is great if you don't already have them.

From RC Groups

Memory CardsClass 4 memory cards from popular manufacturers provide the best compatibility with this camera and are recommended. Class 6 and Class 10 cards, at best, do NOTHING to improve the camera's video and cost more, and at worst, they may not work properly! ALL MEMORY CARDS should be formatted using the camera's internal formatting routine for best compatibility! . If you are uncertain about what kind of memory card to buy, order one from the camera vendor when you place your order.

From RC Groups

Memory CardsClass 4 memory cards from popular manufacturers provide the best compatibility with this camera and are recommended. Class 6 and Class 10 cards, at best, do NOTHING to improve the camera's video and cost more, and at worst, they may not work properly! ALL MEMORY CARDS should be formatted using the camera's internal formatting routine for best compatibility! . If you are uncertain about what kind of memory card to buy, order one from the camera vendor when you place your order.

They may not work properly for everyone, but for me the Samsung Class 6 32G didn't (recycling problems with sound enabled) and the Integral Class 10 (16G because it's big enough for my use) does it very well.

I use a Class 10 card on my 0801, not because the camera works better, but cause data transfers are much faster from the card reader to my Windows PC.

What if I buy the 8GB internal memory version, and put in a 4GB sd card. Will I have 12GB in total, can the device handle this without manual interference to make it work?

If the Unit was supplied with a SD card the manufacturer recommends then maybe there would be a effing hell of a lot less time wasted by people who buy these units. I'm sure the manufacturer could get a decent price on a bulk purchase.

Very mixed responses here. Some say Class 10 works, some say only Class 4.

Very mixed responses here. Some say Class 10 works, some say only Class 4.

It sounds like newer firmware fixed the old Class 4 vs Class 10 Mini 0801 problem from months ago?

early versions had issues with Class 10 cards, that was sorted earlier this year though

I've bought this. Let's hope it works!

Back