What power

Buzzy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have just purchased the 0801 camera firmware 20131026 with gps no internal memory 16 gb Samsung card.
I wonder if anybody can advise on if I can use my iPad USB mains supply to power up the unit when I want to view clips on my tv using the Hdml connector or is there another option.
Thanks buzzy

how about plugging into the usb port on the tv using the usb lead that comes with the cam? thats if your tv has usb

Not sure if I have one I will have to try and get behind to have a look good idea though as long as i don't blow the tv a bit more expensive to replace than the camera. Thanks buzzy

Your iPad charger should work fine. I've been using an iPhone charger when I want to power the camera inside the house.

i also use a wall mains plug with usb slot on the bottom and just plug the usb lead into tht , the tv should be fine

AS Gearhead82 stated, a iPad charger is actually one of the better power sources, but I have several others and they all seem to work okay, even a cheap 300ma seems to work, but I would recommend you use one supplying a minimum of 500ma, ideally 1amp or more.

Thanks everybody for all your inputs you have given me a few choices to use .
Just like to say what a great forum this is lots of helpfully advise one of the best I have used.

Back