Whats the best setting to get a brighter image

frazzeld

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best setting to get a brighter image, I've change contrast from Standard to Hard which has improved the image but its still a little too dark for my liking

looks as though I may be the only person to have a dark image on standard settings..... for anyone else who may have this issue the following adjustments may help

Contrast: Hard
Sharpness: Hard

You could try setting the EV to a higher value, it will lighten up the image but there can be some negative effect as well, trial and error I guess

Brightness is governed by exposure, here that parameter is called auto exposure bias. I’ve set mine to:

AE bias: +0.3

I left contrast and sharpness at the “standard” setting.

Brightness = Black Level
Contrast = White or light areas

That's not always true (manufactures might use other terms) & not the entire technical definition, but u can generally start w/ that.

IOW, set the Brightness toward Lighter to open up the blacks...too much & u wash them out however.

I had this "problem" but solved it by simply pointing the dashcam one notch down, giving less sky in the field of view. The brightness seems to be a lot more stable now, being less dependant on the sky brightness (sun / cloud).

Brightness is governed by exposure, here that parameter is called auto exposure bias. I’ve set mine to: AE bias: +0.3...

Went to AE +1.0 to try and lighten night driving a little

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Terrum Mini 0801 1
K Mini 0801 16
Back