When the camera is in loop mode as a ash cam

lucky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Incorrect info sorry.

Last edited:
it's a camera that can work in the car, it's not a purpose built dashcam so there will always be some compromises to be had

When the Mobious is in loop mode and if you are in an accident, how will you push the mode button to save the file?

Would it be better to not have the camera NOT loop mode so accident footage AND post accident footage are included?
Loop mode means that at the end of the card, after something like :rolleyes: 2-3 hours of footage (depending on card size), the camera writes over footage from 2-3 hours ago at clips of 1-5 minutes each. Chances of a even a 1 hour build up of an accident are very small, so there is plenty of extra space.
If you don't press the button to save the present clip, it still is saved, even if the car stops running, thanks to the battery. Pressing the button locks the clip from being erased in 2-3 hours when it loops. I'm sure if you need that footage, you will make haste to get home or take the card out after a short trip to a place to get another temporary card.

Moot point really.

I keep a spare memory card in the car. If involved in an incident worth saving, I would remove the memory card containing the evidence from the Mobius, and insert the spare card.

What button is supposed to "lock" the files? I seem to recall it was mentioned previously and when somebody tried it they couldn't get it to work?

G sensor is better to auto lock files, too easy to miss locking the file yourself
Well, as you know, I'm not into dashcams, BUT I do know that the developer considered using a g-sensor in the Mobius. However, he has also developed dashcams for the OEM market and received many, many complaints about files being locked all the time, for example, when driving over a bumpy road. Users were so frustrated about all the locked files that the whole idea of using a g-sensor proved to be absolutely useless. Like I said, I don't use a dashcam so have absolutely no experience in g-sensors used for this purpose, but this reasoning makes sense to me.

Well, as you know, I'm not into dashcams, BUT I do know that the developer considered using a g-sensor in the Mobius. However, he has also developed dashcams for the OEM market and received many, many complaints about files being locked all the time, for example, when driving over a bumpy road. Users were so frustrated about all the locked files that the whole idea of using a g-sensor proved to be absolutely useless. Like I said, I don't use a dashcam so have absolutely no experience in g-sensors used for this purpose, but this reasoning makes sense to me.

there are many that use G Sensors that do not apply the technology correctly, even some of the expensive Korean brands are guilty of this, done correctly they work as intended

Here where I live, the G sensor would lock every file. The roads are not smooth and in place of traffic lights and stop signs, we have speed bumps every 100 feet. Some aren't well marked and hitting them is considered air time. My frequent flier miles are plenty. For me, the simpler the better.

You can see from this forum, the only two things we all agree on are video quality and reliability. I give credit to the manufacturers and designers for trying to please everyone on the globe.

I bought the camera because it was advertised as a DASH CAM.
It works fine.
The instruction manual needs to be better.

Last edited:
I went to the TXT file and re configured it to not loop.
That means it will make a continuous video.
When it was set to loop (5min) I would drive down to my local store and return home.
The first of two 5 minute videos was erased.

Now that I selected non loop mode it should be ok.
Like I said some of the instructions do not completely explain each function very well.

Sorry, but I'm confused by the bit in bold? In loop mode that will only happen when the memory card has filled completely- it will then start overwriting the oldest files. All of mine are set up in this manner.

This would also indicate that you must be filling the memory card completely? If this is correct, by disabling loop you should be missing some of your trip because the card would be full. What size card are you using?

I bought the camera because it was advertised as a DASH CAM.
It works fine.
I went to the TXT file and re configured it to not loop.
That means it will make a continuous video.
When it was set to loop (5min) I would drive down to my local store and return home.
The first of two 5 minute videos was erased.
Now that I selected non loop mode it should be ok.
Like I said some of the instructions do not completely explain each function very well.
I am perfectly willing to consider your amendments to any text in the user manual. The manual took me days to write (in my free time :)) and I try my best to make it understandable but not too complicated or long. Some people already find it too detailed. It also has to be understandable by people who's native language isn't English.
Remember that the manual is only a general description of the Mobius. It is not intended to describe the parameter settings. The GUI is designed for that, and each parameter setting has it's own tool tip.
Anyway, like I said, send me your corrections by PM and I'll consider adding your modifications to the next version.

Sorry, but I'm confused by the bit in bold? In loop mode that will only happen when the memory card has filled completely- it will then start overwriting the oldest files. All of mine are set up in this manner.

This would also indicate that you must be filling the memory card completely? If this is correct, by disabling loop you should be missing some of your trip because the card would be full. What size card are you using?

I am using a 32GB Sandisk class 10 card.

I have a MAC computer.

So do I but that does not prevent me from using Windows when I have to. Boot camp, Parallels or VMware Fusion work just fine.

I am perfectly willing to consider your amendments to any text in the user manual. The manual took me days to write (in my free time :)) and I try my best to make it understandable but not too complicated or long. Some people already find it too detailed. It also has to be understandable by people who's native language isn't English.
Remember that the manual is only a general description of the Mobius. It is not intended to describe the parameter settings. The GUI is designed for that, and each parameter setting has it's own tool tip.
Anyway, like I said, send me your corrections by PM and I'll consider adding your modifications to the next version.

Do not make changes to the instructions yet.
I am a beginner and I said that MAC users did not need to follow steps 1-4 to chnage the configuration of their camera.
I was wrong. Repeat I was wrong.
They do have to unplug the camera from the computer and follow steps 1-4 in the instruction manual for the changes in the TXT file to take place.

I have had to experiment a lot to figure this camera.
My files also kept being erased because my 32GB class 10 memory card was full.
I did not understand why the files were not showing up in my photo program.
That is another subject.

Back