Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

If you will be not satisfied by the velcro you can think to my idea to use a wide black elastic ring.
Also is not necessary to fix a rear camera into the middle of the window, you can use it on the sides.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you will be not satisfied by the velcro you can think to my idea to use a wide black elastic ring.
Also is not necessary to fix a rear camera into the middle of the window, you can use it on the sides.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz,

I already thought about your method and some others.

I had rear cam on the right side, then on the left side. But because of that I couldn't use my rear sunshade because sunshade was bumping into the cam. Now, if you look at the picture 4, you will see that they coexist peacefully together.

My Blackvue DR500GW-HD:

NeTbLuO.jpg

OmD9O2n.jpg

Installed my VicoVation WF1 today.

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Nice tofurkey, I'd remove that white card in the centre since it causes focus to the dash cam or at least that region.

Yup, noticed the same thing and took it down.

I did a video on my install. The camera is still going strong.

I mounted my Mobius on my dash:

The biggest advantage is it's very EASY to hide the camera...

haha, that reminds me of the days I had a radar detector mounted on my dash board, I had velcroed a hat over the top of it with a small hole in the side for laser guns as it is illegal in Australia to have radar detectors. never got busted with it, got pulled over a couple of times for breath tests and once for other crap but they never saw it. saved me many times from speeding fines as well.

Wow if you need laser guns it really is like Mad Max in Australia. ;)
no I mean for the cops laser guns, the hole in the hat allows the detector to detect the laser from the cops laser guns.

Isent it too late when the laser have been fiered, or can they be detected when the cop mesure the cars in front of you ?

I like the setup Bob, seen from the front the cam must look like a 1 legged mini cyclops robot with a mohawk :) allso likee the K.I.S.S stealth job for when the car is parked.

I allso like the caboose in the background, remind me that i have to get one of those for my large model train when i get back into some mony.
When i get a morbius i have some lower but slightly larger heatsinks i have been using on grafixcards in my computer that i want to try out.

Isent it too late when the laser have been fiered, or can they be detected when the cop mesure the cars in front of you ?

I like the setup Bob, seen from the front the cam must look like a 1 legged mini cyclops robot with a mohawk :) allso likee the K.I.S.S stealth job for when the car is parked.

I allso like the caboose in the background, remind me that i have to get one of those for my large model train when i get back into some mony.
When i get a morbius i have some lower but slightly larger heatsinks i have been using on grafixcards in my computer that i want to try out.

the laser (lidar) beam is so narrow that the officer needs to look through a scope (like a hunting rifle) to pick off the cars. I think the beam is only 5ft wide at a distance of 1000ft.

lot of time its too late but if lots of cars around it will detect stray beam from them taking readings off other cars. you really need a jammer as well as detector. I was once doing 100km/h in 50 zone when I got done by a laser, only car on the road, going up and down hills, the cop expected me to go up the hill and he would pull me over when he got me at 100 on top of a hill just before the dip as he was at the top of the next hill just out of view, but he got a surprise when I didn't show up but turn around and floor it to get away. as I got up the top of the hill I just passed I saw in my mirror he had his lights flashing waiting to pull me over. I also had a police scanner at the time and he radioed that he had a runner. I took the back streets and appeared 5 minutes later just past him and he was still sitting there so he never gave chase. my detector saved my license there plus on many other occasions with normal radar.

Sounds like you shouldn't be driving mate if you can't stick to the posted speed limit. For some they learn their lesson with loss of license others kill someone and get the picture that way.

Now this is not me preaching cuz i allso drove like a complete madman when i was Young :rolleyes:
Going from my house to my friend house was just about 4000 Meters - 2 light regulated intersections and 2 left turns and 2 right turns, and often when i got there i had severe brake-fading on my Little Opel / vauxall 1.6 GT.
And once i clipped the inside curbe in one of the R turns, so my Little opel whent up on the 2 Wheels on the L side and i drove 15-20 M like that :eek:
I drove that Little car so hard i changed brakes 2 times a year.

No one was happy driving with me back then, and its not like i ever crashed a car, i guess i was just too close to the edge for ppl to like it.
Really stupid :( But i can not lie about it or forget it, only hope some one can learn from it.

My score in just about 30 years.
Speeding = 0 tickets
without seatbelt = 2 tickets
Illigal parking = 8 tickets - 6 of them for the same spot ( slow learner in some cases )

Drive like you are supposed to do,,,, Mmmmkay :)

Now you have dash cams to protect you from people like that :p Hahaha

Yeah i have gone from 1 extreme side to the other :) and thank god for that.

Sounds like you shouldn't be driving mate if you can't stick to the posted speed limit. For some they learn their lesson with loss of license others kill someone and get the picture that way.
when were young we do stupid things and grow out of it when we are older, well most of us, I did. I don't speed any more, never had a speeding ticket or trashed a car, come close once was just luck that saved me. I guess there will be other people like me as well.
we need cams for younger people to prove how much of an idiot they are.

when were young we do stupid things and grow out of it when we are older, well most of us, I did. I don't speed any more, never had a speeding ticket or trashed a car, come close once was just luck that saved me. I guess there will be other people like me as well.
we need cams for younger people to prove how much of an idiot they are.

I respect that mate.

Back