Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

any one have 2014 honda odyssey EX and above mine came with 3 cam of course the backup cam then there another cam right under the passenger side rearview mirror and the third cam is mount middle of the windshield that one is call forward Collision Warning here is my question how do i put my LS430w.

I have mine hard wired to the fuse box. I have a convex broadway mirror over my oem rear view mirror. I velcro'd my G1W to my oem mirror and hide is perfectly. All I see is just the wire but still all very minimal.

G1W1.jpg
G1W2.jpg
G1W3.jpg

^ Planning to do anything about that silver trim? The setup is virtually invisible from the outside if not for the ring.

any one have 2014 honda odyssey EX and above mine came with 3 cam of course the backup cam then there another cam right under the passenger side rearview mirror and the third cam is mount middle of the windshield that one is call forward Collision Warning here is my question how do i put my LS430w.

Hey!....I have that car, but it's the basic version & only came w/ the backup cam. I should be posting the results of installing my 2 Finevu Pros w/in a week or two.

I have mine hard wired to the fuse box. I have a convex broadway mirror over my oem rear view mirror. I velcro'd my G1W to my oem mirror and hide is perfectly. All I see is just the wire but still all very minimal.........snip.......

^ Planning to do anything about that silver trim? The setup is virtually invisible from the outside if not for the ring.

Very neat & tidy installation. I agree the ring needs to be darkened. I used a black marker to hide the small letters on my Finevu Pros, but w/ the chrome, u might want to use tape or paint.

I have mine hard wired to the fuse box. I have a convex broadway mirror over my oem rear view mirror. I velcro'd my G1W to my oem mirror and hide is perfectly. All I see is just the wire but still all very minimal.

Use of velcro is a good idea however wouldn't the dashcam shake, by that I mean there is no stablisation of the video.
Have you noticed when you playback the video is "jumpy"?

Use of velcro is a good idea however wouldn't the dashcam shake, by that I mean there is no stablisation of the video.

u have to use the secure lock type of Velcro which is made by a couple of companies....it doesn't use fabric but semi-hard plastic on both pieces. They grip themselves tightly when pushed together & there's no movement at all.

u have to use the secure lock type of Velcro which is made by a couple of companies....it doesn't use fabric but semi-hard plastic on both pieces. They grip themselves tightly when pushed together & there's no movement at all.
can i get those velcro from amazon can u post a link.

can i get those velcro from amazon can u post a link.

Amazon does have it, but I get most of my DIY stuff from Mcmaster...see my post here*>>

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/where-do-i-buy-dual-lock-tape.2490/page-2

*btw...I've named this company a few times here, I want to make clear that I have no connection w/ them but have used them extensively for at least 10 yrs. for home, computer, car & garage projects. I'm now buying stuff there to experiment w/ mounting my dashcams. They mostly serve large customers, but for us small time DIYers they're a regular Disneyland.

Got cha! :)
Well in that case... love it!

Yeah, I haven't had time to do it yet but I will try using a sharpie. I would love to spray paint it but judging by the build quality, I would rather not. If Sharpie doesn't hold up I will just use electric tape or gorilla duck tape.

Actually, I found it more jumpy when I used the supplied suction cup. Plus I find it a lot more secured than using a suction cup.

G1W1.jpg
G1W2.jpg
G1W3.jpg

I have a Broadway mirror also and have been trying to find a way to get a Mobius behind it without the cam sticking out like a sore thumb. I'm about to give up and just give something flat like this a go. I was going to try double side tape it to the back of my built in rear view mirror but this would be alot easier to pull off and on.

Question on the angle of the camera though. Since you tilt it towards the driver side, do you still get a wide enough field of view to catch action on your far left driver side? Now that I think about it you could probably add some sort of foam to help angle the cam before strapping it down.

I have a Broadway mirror also and have been trying to find a way to get a Mobius behind it without the cam sticking out like a sore thumb. I'm about to give up and just give something flat like this a go. I was going to try double side tape it to the back of my built in rear view mirror but this would be alot easier to pull off and on.

Question on the angle of the camera though. Since you tilt it towards the driver side, do you still get a wide enough field of view to catch action on your far left driver side? Now that I think about it you could probably add some sort of foam to help angle the cam before strapping it down.
You could always extend the lens so you can mount it flat like @Jim did
Mobius super capacitor.
Or Niko's excellent magnetic mount
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...mount-bracket-with-quick-mount-dismount.4138/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the link for an authorized seller Novotm who also runs BuyMobius.com. The location suggests that this is Tom Frank from the RC Group, who is an expert on the Mobius. Nice guy, so feel free to email him.
http://buymobius.com/collections/mo...able-for-the-1080p-hd-mobius-actioncam-camera
A good place to start is the RC group forum. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559
The forum is for the Mobius and RC uses only so focus on the "Mobius" and related questions not questions about using it as a dash cam. Make sure you read posts #1-8 first and search the forum before posting a question. It's a 450+ page thread so repeat questions get, well, repetitive :p
Also ask @Jim here as well. He just wrote that he is in the rough stages so it's not a permanent neat install yet. He may be able to help with the initial cable install. I know that camera ribbon is VERY delicate.
And of course post your results and some pictures

is my video and it tilted more towards the passenger side to me. and used spare Hook and Loop velcro's from monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=105&cp_id=10520&cs_id=1052003

cheap solution and I can easily move it or anything for future purporses

Anyone mounted a dash cam on a Ford Focus MK3. I got that car and it has an huge "console" in the middle for all the sensors. So I can't mount a cam behind the mirror. Next to the console is a no too, because that thing blocks a bit of the view...

I am waiting to do up the door jam to 12v socket nicely until I get my power pack.

EEcCSDU.jpg

15dhKC5.jpg

Hjd70yw.jpg
izhuB6X.jpg

Yeah, persistent cloud cover is a pretty good defuser.

Back