Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Definitely not short. (+- 2m)
I did some tests and the camera is pointing in just the right direction. Plenty of sky and some dashboard/hood.
And because the lens is glued in at an angle you won't really notice the fact it isn't placed in the middle of the windscreen.

DOH!

I just noticed your flag.... should have guessed you wouldn't have been short coming from the Netherlands - statistically the tallest people in the world :)

I just bought my A118C and here are some photos of the mount setup. I had to take some time to plan this out to make sure it was straight and even and location of the mount. Also it had to clear my covercraft sunshade. I'm a bit worried about the heat coming from my sunshade and being in a hot car; should I take it down during super hot days? I would like to just set it and forget it.

The mount is better than my previous G90 and is way more discrete. I'm happy with this setup so far and hopefully it'll last me for a while. Thanks.

638o0S4px8Dus0_VmyUh3q-jzrDSb6h60-iHhojCQEU=w376-h667-no

laNO5aLCGlKgG018xLXudpVtcN1VrGPZBwhZIrRk8AQ=w376-h667-no
SeGK1Ye_62kcjvnQB1HBnE1xM4maWr-DR7vkwSLUdQM=w376-h667-no

t6RFBJgfaZJ4O8Q8Akxeq7NlLiloi7TETM-kSskyAyo=w376-h667-no

SG9665GC mounted in the front
hzO25of.jpg

What it looks like on the outside of the car. Takes a pair of trained eyes to see it, as I have yet to see the local people notice it.
4GYHzQ4.jpg

xYmTEML.jpg

Elgjsw0.jpg

The A118/B40 mounted as the rear camera.
DNPQkUg.jpg

My Blackbox G1W-B is not as noticeable as it appears in this pic. I enhanced it with Photoshop so you guys could see it better. :cool:

At any rate, it's in my electric vehicle—the Volt (or Ampera, for you European folks). ;)

5FAUS0A.jpg

This is how my G1W-H looks like from outside the car:

Outside_1.jpg

Outside_2.jpg

And this is from the inside:

Inside.jpg

Just moved my two camera setup to a new car. In the process, I shortened the Panorama mounts and this time, hid the Power Magic Pro behind the fuse panel.

20150612_102822.jpg 20150612_102756.jpg 20150612_102902.jpg 20150612_102837.jpg

I installed this back in August last year, but anyway here's my A118 installed. Fits perfectly behind the mirror under the dotted gradient line that just happens to extend forward there. It covers up a good portion of the camera body and the adhesive (wish it was black and not gray) doesn't show as much. It's pretty discrete, but on a sunny day it's easily seen as you can tell from the full car pic.

gmsTonS.jpg

L9pl5ZZ.jpg

nC5MdT2.jpg

nHC6eAk.jpg

Hello,
just wanted to share my method of mounting the mini 0801 camera.

The reasons why I decided to make it removable:
- in the summer the camera will literally melt inside the closed car
- to not attract thieves

I used:
1) dual lock fastener - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1717277153392) a piece of double side sticking pad - this is to adjust the camera to be perfectly horizontal.
3) mini usb adapter 90deg, left angle - https://www.ebay.com/itm/111585330123

I installed an SGZC12RC / Panorama X1 in my Mini Cooper today...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The main unit is in the cubby ahead of the gearlever & drinks holders. The wiring is to be tidied up.

Here's a few photos to show how small this camera really is...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Please click on the thumbnails to view the photos.

Thanks to @niko from whom I bought the SGZC12RC.

Front: Blackvue DR600GW and Street Guardian SG9665GC
Rear: Blackvue DR3500FHD (not shown)
isiy4z.jpg

7dP9Rv.jpg

1Sh1ga.jpg

LFjfVs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did my A118C install today took around 30 mins, I've had the cam nearly a week but let the kids give it to me for father's day :)
It was a steal at £36 even came with a 32Gb card!
initial testing shows some reflections of the dash so I'm trying a DIY black cloth cover for the centre part of my dash to see if it reduces the reflections.
here are the pics..
dashleft_zpslskugooc.jpg
dashleft_zpslskugooc.jpg

vanfront_zpsl5dwacmq.jpg

dashoutside1_zpssiozqd9a.jpg

dash1_zpswvfksygi.jpg

dash2_zpsfuudzyuw.jpg

SD.

These are some installed pics of my setup. The cams are 2 Street Guardian SGZC12RC. The car is a 2015 Dodge Challenger. Did the install myself. Hardwired using a PANOBDP.

I was not able to capture how discrete the install is from outside because of the lighting.
IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1990.JPG Exterior 10.jpg

sj4000 "doctored" mount for a sloping rear window...

Yes I know it doesn't look like it will give a perfect field of view, but with the lens being 170 it gives a perfect view !

BILD1029.JPG

when your car runs over some speed bumps or potholes, the weight of the camera will open the lever and the vacuum cup can fall

when your car runs over some speed bumps or potholes, the weight of the camera will open the lever and the vacuum cup can fall

give me some credit...

the little peg I put in stops that happening...

I will just add my new PSU here too as it is a part of my setup, the picture is taken inside my glowe box.

2 X 2.4 A & 3 X 1 A outputs, there is allso a 4 X 2.4A version
WP_20150612_011.jpg

What you see here power / charge 3 dashcams and 1 tablet + phone 35 W in total.

I just find an amazing mirror mount for dash cam, i bought it on Amazon, installation is very easy. In the package, there are 5 joints in total , which i guess will suitable for most dash cam on the market~ so happy to have this wonderful mount. BTW, my rear view mirror rod is very slim, this mount fit it well :) here are the pictures:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg