Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

y4m49L2-mi79XpAmJjnpbUdJ0XKUMhN1BoGMRp4qt0VpEq4LApxLDwOa696CxbgaNnLsmnjSOGs78Df1-37mLRYUfSwSBWizmO7wKHRa_jvahV5d9wCkGffA0EWH8G1iL0COxCd776AUdK5TAe43vOWiFMT48cQT6vTuzegpLFJeic7Xi0-M6SDReUy2HJSQl_2S3CbeJJ5M3qQ9L7d3Xhong
3D wedges repositioned for side-by-side Mobius testing:

y4m2FDOlIISh8jQnzUeXDlz7152kO-IZs8W31ImrF0wrYzdPhlgRE3jmLd9KsGCjrxNgFp8_1msTCWSyF0_mO8QrnI8i42oZ1Qg55uh0ZA3DWZ0fEX4bVBN8c7vwEeW8zNg4gbIeOEcEz0KHhHwvzLsio-nmA9o1RdKiBo5sxa_6_Dq9QI8ONnSULDC9TKBH6KZGD8RPhH5lYNBjiJyhQ8-kA

y4mC3lyLUS5G4es413QXhu7QkTLS3w-DxE5lwrpSlYYBgbfYm4qNicfOunVvNHidBPN9H18Ocf575Iez8jO3Ibf5NX2xFih8q2Dypb5Giij-NBLFtfiCJzcsP1e_DwuBOMmeD5uWWYDoen3D4F9YbRTxWXrjK6D1wGyW4U0dJm5Lt9gtx51YbTa-fpalRYOh8A2MJnJGEkft0RHMh02tIvvGQ

Viofo A129 duo in a Skoda Fabia Mk 1 (similar to VW Polo 9N). Was aiming for as discreet an installation as possible. Front camera not really obvious at all with sun reflecting off windscreen. The sun strip was aftermarket and I put it there years ago.

Was a bit of a challenge getting the rear usb cable through the rubber gaiter, but definitely worth it. Cut a small hole in rear tailgate trim to accommodate the cable.
3aa395952161c9c189141a549ccda09a.jpg
beef3477e696264572cc0a028f77a277.jpg
971e325ccd55359bd104a3e8a90f154d.jpg
65fe0b685b213ab82cf9755eb6186c50.jpg
76d34633722f2e4231c3b2816aea7a95.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the ITB-100HD and in the back a DOD-GSE550.
Because the camera's i had are always black i painted the grey/white rearview mirror to black! :) It wasn't easy, but the result is ok.

I put my camera at the right side of the rearview mirror because the lens it at the left of the camera and i wanted the lens to be as much in the middle of the window as possible. Also i don't want it to be in my view because I like a clean view.
I have grey/white sun visors but hardly use them.

ITB-100HD (black tape over the logo)
Click for larger version!

DOD-GSE550 in the back (went with a black marker over the brand text)
Click for larger version!

What a nice way to avoid tampering with tailgate-wiring! Even if you hire a professional do the job, who knows how they finish the job?

I just installed an SG9663DCPRO. It's mounted just to the left of the mirror in the black dot area with the lens just below it. The outside shot doesn't really show much, so I didn't post it. I moved the mirror so you can see the screen. With the mirror properly positioned, you really can't see the dashcam from inside the car.

IMG_8357.JPG

New to all this. Is it worth getting a rearview camera, and if so, I have a ford expedition that has the rear flip up glass. Can I mount it on that?

New to all this. Is it worth getting a rearview camera, and if so, I have a ford expedition that has the rear flip up glass. Can I mount it on that?

You can mount on the flip-up glass as long as your cable routing scheme works. On having rear cam it's up to you; your front cam will give you 90%+ of the driving protection a dashcam has to offer you.

Phil

We need more pictures guy! Toss them up!

Where do I install a129 plus camera on the front for 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Generally as close to center as possible is better, but a little offset to either side is OK. Every car varies so just do the best you can. Also have the cam as high as possible as long as no tint or frit (black dots) are in the way. Be sure the wipers will keep the lens view clear- very important. Also consider where the cabling plugs in; you need space for that and space to be able to remove the cam from the mount. Most folks also like to keep the SD card slot accessible, but you can always pull the cam from the mount to do that if need be. Aim the lens just below level; you want about 40% sky and 60% below the horizon.

Other mounting positions can be used but that can make it tougher to determine your lane position should you ever be in a crash. Sometimes that's all you can do. As long as the wipers cover the area and the cam lens is pointing mostly forward it should capture what you may need.

Phil

Finally got my SG DCPRO back on the go after two months.

The fuse cover in my Suzuki Swift is too small to reinstall after putting in the fuse taps, should be fine without it though (oh for access to a 3D printer).
Took a fair bit of being upside down the the footwell with both arms wedged in to get at things but fairly tidy one installed. This was my 7th camera install I think and the common sense approach to selecting fuses to tap didn't work here. Usually I'd go for something like the dome light for permanent live and mirror controls/fog light for the switched. I think as a result of the keyless ignition system certain circuits do odd things. Some that are off when you first get in the car are kept live after the engine is switched off. Found a working pair in the end to get the parking mode working right.

kXpLvyB.jpg

I think I had to use a different fuses in the end for connections, spent a good while in the footwell switching them in and out.

yOVXkcu.jpg

I mounted the little switch box from the hardwire kit somewhere I can just reach should I need to adjust the cut off setting

abX1H7u.jpg

Power goes up the A-pillar and along the headliner to the camera. First time I've use the little cable cover piece, works well when you can fit it.
GPS is hidden in the other A-pillar which I forgot to get a picture of.

ov5sSaW.jpg

Driver's view. The hanging wire at the back is for the rear cam as I wasn't able to make it any tidier annoyingly.

qtme1xJ.jpg

Rear cam stuck to tailgate. I would've loved to route the cable up that rubber piece on the left and out of the grommeted hole but the connector was too big to go through the tube. @jokiin is there anything special about the cables (other than shielding) or could I replace it with one I could fit through? Or use a suitable extension to feed it through and join up?

GAoljKs.jpg

S6RAhOJ.jpg

From outside it's barely noticeable. Unless you get up close of course.

0PdMLUH.jpg

YV9dEWs.jpg

Thanks to the heavily tinted glass and position the rear came is virtually invisible from outside.

I did experiment with having the rear cam mounted to the headlining using some old harddrive magnets. Looked like it would've sat really well but routing the cable wasn't too neat and kept pulling it at an odd angle.
You can see the pictures of that HERE

Still wondering myself where to mount my camera [emoji2] If is hidden behind rear view mirror, the display wouldn't be visible when driving. Also, the space between mirror and the glass is tignt and it will be a bit struggling to remove the camera every time.
If is placed left on the mirror will look a bit noticeable [emoji2]
629a9a57315fa67a7adf7818d820ab65.jpg

@MedicalFlyer the cables are not standard and can't be joined, easier to use one of the cables that has a straight connector for the rear camera, it's easier to put through the factory grommet, have done that on my Suzuki, not impossible to get the right angle connector through but it's a lot more work

@MedicalFlyer the cables are not standard and can't be joined, easier to use one of the cables that has a straight connector for the rear camera, it's easier to put through the factory grommet, have done that on my Suzuki, not impossible to get the right angle connector through but it's a lot more work
I thought that was the case. I'll have another play around another day. Just nice to have the camera back in action.

EDIT:
Silly me, should've used the longer cable. Was trying to get it done before it rained and the short one was the perfect length. Might be a nice little job for Christmas day while I'm at work.

Last edited:
Had another go getting the straight cable through. It's a tight fit but a bit of care got it there. Unfortunately due to the small amount of space to play with it meant the rear cam has ended up mounted to the glass otherwise the USB connector would interfere with the boot closing and something may break. Much tidier for the cable now though with the excess coiled up behind the rear pillar trim. It stands out in the rear view a bit but doesn't obstruct your view and is impossible to see from outside unless you really try.

QHArE9A.jpg

GsnW4cf.jpg

aPTVPjM.jpg

Probably a case where a lipstick style camera would be more suited. Must not buy a DR :unsure:

BlackVue DR900X, hardwire installed to OBD2 power in my 2020 Dodge Durango.

I despise anything stuck to my windshield, and suction cup mounts or adhesive tape just don't hold up to the heat in southern Arizona for very long, so I went with a Blendmount. Pricey but worth it. Cam lens is a bit off center as a result of the mount design, so it shows a bit of the windshield frit in the upper right corner, but it doesn't really bug me.

Added bonus, the "Combined Rear View Mirror Module" (CRVMM) housing (that giant piece of plastic stuck to the windshield behind the mirror) acts very nicely as a sunshade for the camera, helping with any potential overheating issues. It also draws the eye from the outside and diverts attention away from the front cam very nicely.

Attachments

• BV DR900X & Blendmount - Driver Side.jpg
    BV DR900X & Blendmount - Driver Side.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 102
  • BV DR900X & Blendmount - Pass Side - Wires In.jpg
    BV DR900X & Blendmount - Pass Side - Wires In.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 98
  • BV DR900X & Blendmount - Pass Side.jpg
    BV DR900X & Blendmount - Pass Side.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 94
  • BV DR900X Front FOV.JPG
    BV DR900X Front FOV.JPG