Where to buy SG9665GC in New Zealand?

SergeiF

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi,

As per title: Where to buy SG9665GC in New Zealand?

A bit fed up with one of my Mini0806s randomly crashing.

Thanks.

Thank you!

Abtec New Zealand ↠ 49 Hutt Road Petone Lower Hutt Wellington 5012 ↠ Phone: 0800 101081 ↠ Website: http://www.abtec.co.nz/

These guys have listed SG9665GM not SG9665GC

Camz Autosound ↠ 35 Greenmount Drive East Tamaki Auckland 2013 ↠ Phone: 02 1801105

No email or website. Pass.

Quality Car Audio ↠ 5/29 Acheron Drive Riccarton Christchurch 8042 ↠ Phone: 03 9829922 ↠ Website: http://www.qualitycaraudio.co.nz/

These guys don't seem to have in stock (Availability: Pre-Order, WTF?) and very expensive.

Rapid Radio
↠ 1 Abbey Street Newton Auckland 1010 ↠ Phone: 09 3031838 ↠ Website: http://rapidradio.co.nz/

Don't have any Streetguardian products on their website.

Street Soundz ↠ 22 Wigan Street Mount Cook Wellington 6021 ↠ Phone: 04 3828002 ↠ Website: http://www.streetsoundz.co.nz/

No products on their website (crappy "informational" website).

Trends Car Audio ↠ Cnr Massey and Greenwood Street Frankton Hamilton 3204 ↠ Phone: 07 8466340 ↠ Website: http://trendscarstereos.co.nz/

The website... OMFG!

OK then, any non-NZ distributors that will ship to NZ?

Hey Pier28 any reason why are you not shipping to New Zealand?
It seems that locals are a bit slack and don't really want to sell these cameras anyway?

I'm in Auckland (Abtec is in Wellington, 650Km away).

Yes, they do, but only have older(?) model listed.
It is a bit too late now (22.00) and Friday to get any reply (will have to wait until Monday).

Yes, they do, but only have older(?) model listed.
It is a bit too late now (22.00) and Friday to get any reply (will have to wait until Monday).

yeah they don't have it right now, I'm just talking to the owner of Abtec now

Any update on this? I've been looking for this in NZ for about a year now as well. V. frustrating that it's not been available and NZ seems to be "off limits" to overseas vendors presumably due to some exclusivity arrangement.

Quality Car Audio do seem to be the only ones with it, have asked how long "pre-order" will take.

I'm also keen on the hard-wire kit but that's not available in NZ .... and I can't buy it from overseas :-(

if you're speaking to quality car audio ask them to get in touch with us, the distributor we had for NZ has gone AWOL and we're looking to get something else in place but will work something out for the interim with your local shop there if need be

Any update on this? I've been looking for this in NZ for about a year now as well. V. frustrating that it's not been available and NZ seems to be "off limits" to overseas vendors presumably due to some exclusivity arrangement.

Quality Car Audio do seem to be the only ones with it, have asked how long "pre-order" will take.

I'm also keen on the hard-wire kit but that's not available in NZ .... and I can't buy it from overseas :-(

I decided not to buy this brand partially because of exclusivity (I really despise this business model, below in more detail).

While I was trying to source this camera, at same time I was looking at importing some IP cameras.. So the IP camera manufacturer told me to sod-off and continue using Aliexpress because they have exclusive arrangement with some security company. That security company will not sell these cameras to me at all. Their reseller quoted me with 4x the Aliexpress price. For anyone interested the camera on aliexpress is around $80USD, the quote I got was equivalent to $320USD for identical camera, simply because of exclusivity.
I was planning importing these cameras and making them available for public via online shop (for reasonable prices not 500% mark ups), but manufacturer told me that they do not want online shop at this time. They got really annoyed when I told them I was buying via aliexpress and not through official channels.

And if your business model involves trade only distributor, I simply will take my money elsewhere.
Why don't manufacturers realize exclusive deals not only harm customers but also harm them, since they are reducing the availability and affordability of the product, customers will simply buy something else instead (or not buy at all).

NZ is too small for this kind of bull****.

I decided not to buy this brand partially because of exclusivity (I really despise this business model, below in more detail).

you can buy online from Australia and have it shipped but it's not really cost effective, service and support becomes a problem also, we really need someone in the local market looking after it to make sure it's supported properly, problem has been finding someone to take it over, there's not a lot of independent distributors there, (most are just branch offices of Australian companies, our competitors that prefer life there without us)

you can buy online from Australia and have it shipped but it's not really cost effective, service and support becomes a problem also, we really need someone in the local market looking after it to make sure it's supported properly, problem has been finding someone to take it over, there's not a lot of independent distributors there, (most are just branch offices of Australian companies, our competitors that prefer life there without us)

Instead of talking to car audio people (most of them are slackers ;)), perhaps maybe you have better luck with independent electronics stores? I am talking about PB Tech (pbtech.co.nz), Expert Infotech (einfo.co.nz) or perhaps even radar detector people (like radardirect.co.nz).

Instead of talking to car audio people (most of them are slackers ;)), perhaps maybe you have better luck with independent electronics stores? I am talking about PB Tech (pbtech.co.nz), Expert Infotech (einfo.co.nz) or perhaps even radar detector people (like radardirect.co.nz).

we supply mostly through car audio shops as those guys are most suitable when it comes to installation, the retailers you mention I've never heard of before but the product works better for retailers that can install also

It will be very difficult to find a place that does really well on shop side and does installations.
One place I can think of is hyper.co.nz.
The problem with car audio places that they don't have online presence, and not interested in actually selling stuff that they will not install (be that car audio or dash camera).

I personally would not trust any random local shop with installation in my car. I would rather do it myself properly.

It will be very difficult to find a place that does really well on shop side and does installations.
One place I can think of is hyper.co.nz.
The problem with car audio places that they don't have online presence, and not interested in actually selling stuff that they will not install (be that car audio or dash camera).

yeah I don't know the local market there which is why we look for local distributors to handle that, local knowledge is the best way to go, I do know the car audio iundustry well (I've worked it since 1994) the online presence is not such an issue, while you're ok with, and prefer to do your own installation, the greater majority prefer to get them installed, even more so when it comes to the multi channel models

Hi, Just signed up so I can ask. Is there an update to where we could buy the camera and CPL filter in NZ?
I'm tempted to just buy it on their website failing all the stores listed doesnt have them or they are just preorder items.

Hi, Just signed up so I can ask. Is there an update to where we could buy the camera and CPL filter in NZ?
I'm tempted to just buy it on their website failing all the stores listed doesnt have them or they are just preorder items.

the local stores that have them listed do not have stock, the distributor there has not ordered, we are looking at doing a deal with a different distributor but that could still be some weeks away at this stage, if that doesn't go ahead we're also looking at a freight agreement to be able to get them there from Australia more affordably than the current methods, would like to keep the price realistic if we have to ship direct

I have not looked into how affordable the current methods are but how much are we looking at here? prices for the camera and cpl filter arent bad... so shipping? Some Aussie vendors are using trademe.co.nz as their means to sell their product here. They offer free shipping as well. This is where i bought my A118 before. http://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/masterstorage/contact

Back