Which Dash System

saul

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly would like to say Hello to all and register myself a newbie on this forum and to the world of dashcams.

So like most people it's going to be one of those "what camera do I buy" but with hopefully a twist.

I live in the UK and shortly will be embarking on a career as a minicab driver. What I would like ideally is a small dual lens dash cam for the front (enabling me to record road and inside of car) and also a rear mounted camera for outside.

So my questions are

1. Is there such a thing as a 3 channel/way system using just 2 cameras.?
2. Is a rear camera necessary, worth investing in?
3. Or is there a small factor dvr system allowing 3 cameras.

Intially I had a budget of approx £80 however that was for a single forward facing camera. After watching some reviews from techmoan.com the K1S system also looked appealling.

However as a complete newbie any advise and recommendations would be much appreciated.

As I am not sure which forum to put this in, it is also on the "Multi -Channel Dash Cams". Admin please feel free to delete the appropriate.

For a legal purpose i dont think there is much need for a rear camera, but if you like to expose dumbasses then there is a lot going on back there.

But a front camera alone should be enuff to dokument what you are doing 100 % and with that covered what else go on cant be your fault.
But if its havoc comming from the front or sides then there is a good chance the front camera will be able to capture that too, at least in the daytime, otherwise low light or night time do put a damper on the small things, but the general information regarding your driving and what else go on will be captured too, but little things like licenceplates at speed is a problem in low light.

In regard to what go on inside the car it is allso problematic as its a pretty low light enviorment, so a camera aided by a fjew IR LEDs is a good thing.
There is a fjew dual cameras where one point out front and the other out rear filming the inside of the car, but i am stuffed for brand names and model names right now, but i an sure a person with a stronger addiction and better memory can fill in here.

You do not want to go the K1S route, a fjew have tried it and dident like it, or at least so it seem to me.

80 pounds aint much, not sure if thats enuff for a 2 cahnnel system you can use.

Hi kamkar1,

Thank you for your reply. So probably better with 1 dual lens cam. The initial £80 budget was for a single dashcam so I know it wont get me much. If the dual camera is worth the investment and works well inside the car then the budget can be stretched.

Back