Which Mobius Firmware Version Are You Using?

Which Firmware version are you using?

• Total voters

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
I'm curious to know the popularity of each Mobius Firmware version. Only 10 Poll choices appear to be available, hence the reference to v0.47 or earlier Firmware as the final choice.

Last edited:
Which car dvr model?

v1.13 because:
- has motion detect and advanced settings
- v2.xx create files incompatible with AVS Video Editor

For Tapatalk users it's not obvious that it's about Mobius Firmware, so I've updated the Title accordingly. Thanks.

Yep,that's perfect,I am not sensitive for firmware number so asked that, joovuu.com or joovuu.com/us is selling the newest version Mobius,
with updated LED and V3 PCB board , new battery, 820mAh battery

For Tapatalk users it's not obvious that it's about Mobius Firmware, so I've updated the Title accordingly. Thanks.

That's perfect, especially for a person like me who often touch different dvrs am not sensitive for firmware number , that's good you could do that .By the way,
joovuu.com (UK ) joovuu.com/us (USA ) is selling the newest version Mobius
(the mobius camera is with updated LED and V3 PCB board with new battery, 820mAh with new lens module) via customer support desk :
https://joovuu.com/contact/ or online chatting,

lastly ,enjoy your day!

Last edited:
In my tests v0.59 is the best in low light and has just worked great.

I just today, installed FW v2.25, gonna do some driving tonight, I will get a chance to see, what the night time quality looks like.

Just moved up to 2.25.

Still waiting
Good, not great. V0.59 is still the best at night. With that said, I have been running V2.25 for a few days and am happy with how smooth it runs. The little things are all fixed, like whenever you had motion detect running and started the car the camera turned off. The developers have really made it very smooth and customizable. So really it depends on your needs. V0.59 is basic and night performance is the best and V2.25 has the most customization and has the smoothest operation. Nice work @Isoprop, it's no surprise the Mobius has no real competition in thta size class.

I do wonder if maybe a PURE DASHCAM firmware version that maybe has some of the other config enhancements but based on 0.59 might not be an interesting option. Just saying. I found that mine works better at night with colour balance set to daylight rather than auto.

Good, not great. V0.59 is still the best at night. With that said, I have been running V2.25 for a few days and am happy with how smooth it runs. The little things are all fixed, like whenever you had motion detect running and started the car the camera turned off. The developers have really made it very smooth and customizable. So really it depends on your needs. V0.59 is basic and night performance is the best and V2.25 has the most customization and has the smoothest operation. Nice work @Isoprop, it's no surprise the Mobius has no real competition in thta size class.

In that case I will stick to 0.59.

I'm running v0.59 mostly because it's been stable and reliable. I think the previous versions (v0.57 and earlier) were buggy, either with reliablity issues, flickering issues, SDcard compatibility issues or some other problem. v0.59 was the first firmware to address all the issues.

Then came phase 2 with firmware v1.xx. As expected, new firmware came with a new set of bugs so I didn't bother to upgrade. I haven't really kept up with the firmware releases as I plan to upgrade once the FINAL firmware for the mobius has been released. Developers were only looking to go up to a phase 3, and v2.xx should be near the end, right?

Last edited:
I'm running v0.59 mostly because it's been stable and reliable. I think the previous versions (v0.57 and earlier) were buggy, either with reliablity issues or flickering issues or some other problem. v0.59 was the first firmware to address all the issues.

Then came phase 2 with firmware v1.xx. As expected, new firmware came with a new set of bugs so I didn't bother to upgrade. I haven't really kept up with the firmware releases as I plan to upgrade once the FINAL firmware for the mobius has been released. Developers were only looking to go up to a phase 3, and v2.xx should be near the end, right?
Maybe this will give you an idea of how things stand.
To date we have tested 88 Mobius firmware versions (there were more!) and we almost always thought the current version was bug free until we found something that didn't work as expected. A few of these versions were officially released but then other people found issues we had missed. The good part is the developer is a perfectionist and tries to correct bugs as soon as possible. ALL firmware versions have issues (and most likely always will), but v2.25 definitely has less issues than all previous versions. V0.59 had some quite serious issues but, like many other issues, they will only be apparent under certain circumstances or in combination with certain parameter settings.
I would like to call v2.25 final, but when can you call a version final? Maybe when a new product is released? That isn't true either. The Mobius succeeded the #16 but there was still a #16 update much later. The only true final version is the last version that existed before the camera in question is discontinued. Do you want to wait that long?
What's nice about the Mobius is that it's so easy and risk-free to upgrade and downgrade the firmware as often as you wish. I see absolutely no reason to downgrade from v2.25, and I wouldn't even want to use a lower version, but everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I like to keep my cameras up-to-date. If you're happy with what you have and don't need features introduced in later versions then keep the version you have. It's your choice.

To date we have tested 88 Mobius firmware versions (there were more!) and we almost always thought the current version was bug free until we found something that didn't work as expected. A few of these versions were officially released but then other people found issues we had missed. The good part is the developer is a perfectionist and tries to correct bugs as soon as possible. ALL firmware versions have issues (and most likely always will), but v2.25 definitely has less issues than all previous versions. V0.59 had some quite serious issues but, like many other issues, they will only be apparent under certain circumstances or in combination with certain parameter settings.
I would like to call v2.25 final, but when can you call a version final? Maybe when a new product is released? That isn't true either. The Mobius succeeded the #16 but there was still a #16 update much later. The only true final version is the last version that existed before the camera in question is discontinued. Do you want to wait that long?
What's nice about the Mobius is that it's so easy and risk-free to upgrade and downgrade the firmware as often as you wish. I see absolutely no reason to downgrade from v2.25, and I wouldn't even want to use a lower version, but everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I like to keep my cameras up-to-date. If you're happy with what you have and don't need features introduced in later versions then keep the version you have. It's your choice.

Thanks for the reply. I'm ready to give v2.25 a try. I'm looking to upgrade to a (Samsung EVO Class 10) 64GB microSD card though, any thoughts on the best way to get this working? I value your opinion, Isoprop, as you're probably the most knowledgable when it comes to the mobius.

I think, out of all the versions, the only thing I don't understand is WDR Low Light. Is there a time when you don't want the best low light performance? It can't be said that it pulls the most low light performance out of the sensor, since v0.59 has much better night performance. I don't set it on my main mode, worried about day performance so it leaves me having to switch modes at night to get the best low light performance. Since inception, IMHO, it's been the worst Mobius new feature and buggy up until recent.

If I understand correctly, ultimate would be to dump WDR Low Light and give us V0.59 night performance with V2.25 smoothness and customization and the Mobius will have performance much higher than most NT96650/Aptina AR0330 cameras. Is this possible?

After living with v2.25 for a couple of weeks now, I have to say, I definitely prefer the nighttime images much better, I have seen zero grain, the dark areas are much more solid in color, and the daytime images are much more deeper in contrast...

I will definitely be staying with the latest version v2.25, till a newer version comes out, as I too, always prefer to have the newest version from the manufacturer...

After living with v2.25 for a couple of weeks now, I have to say, I definitely prefer the nighttime images much better, I have seen zero grain, the dark areas are much more solid in color, and the daytime images are much more deeper in contrast...

On your cell phone?

Back