Which one i install?

Albert

Reaction score
Country
United States
After my neighbor car stole from their garage.I want to increase the security of my garage but wondering that install the security cam or alarm system.Even i have install alarm system in my car.So what you thing what will be best for installation with no matter of money.

Be advised some IP cams need to unload there footage some where if it do not have a build in SD slot, that can be either on a PC witch is allways on or a FTP server on a NAS box or a dedicated NVR box.

For use in a garage i would make do with a regular analouge cctv setup and desent 700 line cameras.

Get a 4 channel DVR and make sure it can record in D1 resolution on all channels and with 24/30 fps on all 4 channels, as a American you will have to get hardware suporting the NTFS format witch is what you Guys use over there.
1 cam with fixed focus in the garage maybe 2 cameras if you have a large 2 car garage, then you have 2 channels in surplus witch can be added later if need be.
Maybe a fixed focus covering your front door, and a PTZ camera covering your back yard / garden.

Ipcameras is the bomb, but if you go that route cameras suporting 720 or even better 1080P - 24/30 fps are quite expensive, allso some ip cameras are listed as 24/30 fps, but that might be at a lower resolution than the 720/1080P witch is listed too.

Ps. there is allso a format called HD-SDI witch is HD cameras transmitting ther footage via a coaxial cable where IP cameras transmit via regular RJ45 Network cables, but HD-SDI cameras and recorders are fairly expensive, but the format allso support the nice 720 and 1080p resolutions.

You might want to talk Things over with a local seller / shop, they can help you with your needs and enlighten you better than i can.

Back