Which shooting mode is best?

Crash_it

Reaction score
Country
United States
Back in december i took a video of a scenic drive I made in Illinois which can be seen here:

at the end of the video I stated that I would reshoot the drive as soon as the park reopens. Today is that day and I now have a new dashcam which is the ROVE Stealth 4K Pro. This is capable of shooting 4K up to 30fps. I'm wondering if it would be better to film this at 1080/60 or 4K30, especially since this will be a mixed timeline. Insights?

Your video above sure do have a lot of blocking going on now and then, probably youtube compression amplifying blemishes in the raw footage, if the raw is good you might consider to upscale the 1080 to 4K in post production as youtube seem to be kinder to that.

Your video above sure do have a lot of blocking going on now and then, probably youtube compression amplifying blemishes in the raw footage, if the raw is good you might consider to upscale the 1080 to 4K in post production as youtube seem to be kinder to that.
I went ahead and shot it in 4K30 so we'll see how it turns out.

The video above would have benefited from some detergent on the glass and a good cleaning.

Don't know anything about the new camera.

The video above would have benefited from some detergent on the glass and a good cleaning.

Don't know anything about the new camera.
Funny thing is someone did pour detergent on my windshield in a road rage incident I had earlier that day.

windshield is much cleaner this time around. Wait till you see it.

Back