Which Viofo?

Oboyoyo234$&

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve been trying the 1 ch Viofo A139 pro . Now I’m reading about some newer models - the a229 pro and plus. I’ve read the reviews on here, that are excellent but more technical than I need. I’d love someone to compare them in a basic fashion here.
I only want a front facing camera, 4k hd starvis 2. I know none are super reliable for reading license plates but I have a stalker so am trying to get the best possible.
Thanks so much.

I’ve been trying the 1 ch Viofo A139 pro . Now I’m reading about some newer models - the a229 pro and plus. I’ve read the reviews on here, that are excellent but more technical than I need. I’d love someone to compare them in a basic fashion here.
I only want a front facing camera, 4k hd starvis 2. I know none are super reliable for reading license plates but I have a stalker so am trying to get the best possible.
Thanks so much.
Take some time and browse the review threads on here, and watch the videos of footage produced by those cams.

imo, the newer 4K cams are not up to par yet. Not yet refined firmware and need work.

The "TOP DASHCAM" i would say is the A119 Mini 2. It is 2K, but is the most refined as far as i can tell, looking at the comments and comparing footage posted on here, especially, at night with its HDR.
I also like it as it has 2K 60FPS resolutions, which i like the smoother video and more frames (best for frame by frame (slow mo) analysis of footage.

I have 2x A119 Mini 2 cams, one mounted at front, and one back. ( I also had been using the A119 V1 model cam since 2016, and it was top notch and still works fine today.

Also, the A119 Mini 2 is available on USA Amazon with fast Prime shipping. I do not think the new A229 Pro and Plus is on there yet. You can order direct from Viofo, but it takes much longer to ship from China, and you only have a 3 (three) day return period.

Take some time and browse the review threads on here, and watch the videos of footage produced by those cams.

imo, the newer 4K cams are not up to par yet. Not yet refined firmware and need work.

The "TOP DASHCAM" i would say is the A119 Mini 2. It is 2K, but is the most refined as far as i can tell, looking at the comments and comparing footage posted on here, especially, at night with its HDR.
I also like it as it has 2K 60FPS resolutions, which i like the smoother video and more frames (best for frame by frame (slow mo) analysis of footage.

I have 2x A119 Mini 2 cams, one mounted at front, and one back. ( I also had been using the A119 V1 model cam since 2016, and it was top notch and still works fine today.

Also, the A119 Mini 2 is available on USA Amazon with fast Prime shipping. I do not think the new A229 Pro and Plus is on there yet. You can order direct from Viofo, but it takes much longer to ship from China, and you only have a 3 (three) day return period.
I think they mean, you need to let them know within 3 days if something is not right. No one can return a parcel back in 3 days.
Also, on a side note, is hooking 2 cams up to one cigarette lighter socket ok?

I think they mean, you need to let them know within 3 days if something is not right. No one can return a parcel back in 3 days.
Also, on a side note, is hooking 2 cams up to one cigarette lighter socket ok?
lol. a Return policy never has ment u have to physicaly return the thing by said days. (for online stores)
Amazon is 30 days time to request return/refund. VIOFO direct is 3 days, which is not really long enough to really try and test out things.

There is multi socket splitters adapters u can buy, 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6.. etc. I use a 3 socket one with many other accesories with no issues.
The cams are powered by USB, not the 12V cig plug directly. Cam comes with a Sig plug to USB plug. The plug has 2 usb ports (at least the one that came with the A119 cams does.)
The higher model cams may require more power (amps). As long as you do not exceeded your plugs rated power output, you will be fine.

lol. a Return policy never has ment u have to physicaly return the thing by said days. (for online stores)
Amazon is 30 days time to request return/refund. VIOFO direct is 3 days, which is not really long enough to really try and test out things.

There is multi socket splitters adapters u can buy, 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6.. etc. I use a 3 socket one with many other accesories with no issues.
The cams are powered by USB, not the 12V cig plug directly. Cam comes with a Sig plug to USB plug. The plug has 2 usb ports (at least the one that came with the A119 cams does.)
The higher model cams may require more power (amps). As long as you do not exceeded your plugs rated power output, you will be fine.
hmm, interesting. I think 2 x Mini2 dash cams should be fine for the dual Cig plug.

I also use a 3 socket adapter and it works great.

Thanks so much.
I would assume that the firmware updates will bring image quality to be almost identical, so the only real differences are the shape and that the A139 Pro is missing Voice Commands, which may be important for some people, but is of no interest to others.

The other differences are only on multi channel setups, mainly the 2K HDR camera at the rear that doesn't reduce bitrate from the front.

At the moment I would choose the A139 Pro, better is coming as always if you wait long enough, but right now the A139 Pro is still best dashcam of the year, and we will have to wait to see what is declared best dashcam of next year, might be the A229 Pro, or the A339 Pro, or some other brand...

Back