who has got a RELIABLE camera they have never touched for over 12 months?

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
anyone here got a dash cam that they have installed and never touched for 12 months and it is still going strong without even a SINGLE issue? one that you have set and forgot about and its till going fine? no faulty sd cards, no lock ups, no constant fiddling, just working perfectly??
if so post it here, MUST be at least 12 months without ANY issues whatsoever.

I bought very first Panorama 2 after it was just released in Korea at the beginning of 2013 and had it as primary dashcam for 1.5y without any SINGLE issue. Few "non-issues": at the beginning I bricked it by doing wrong way a firmware update. This was pure my fault. I didnt know back then how to do upgrade it right way. Also microphone could be a little bit more sensitive, but its not considering a "fault"- it's what whole range of Panorama 2 and S series has, so no complaints regarding malfunctioning here, its just as it is. Other than that Panorama 2 was and still is one of my favourite ones. It has been work-horse for me with 100ds of DIY projects, dropping down, etc ) and still going strong. Now I went over to 2ch Panorama X2 and left Panorama 2 to have a rest on the shelf :), - will be using it for second car if I win a lottery to buy one :)

Neither of my 2 Mobius cams have had any problems. I've owned the first one since 1 October 2013.

I'm going to play devils advocate here - but if you never touch a camera to take the card out to look at the filesystem integrity, there is a massive risk it will have problems that you never know about.

For example one of the DOD cameras I had never reported a problem but had entire missing trips. It fired up every time and had the red light flashing, but sometimes the entire journey wouldn't be written to card.

I'm always more nervous of new cameras while I'm working out if it's working 100% as I'd expect, and I am a pain in the arse as I tend to find random things.

It's kind of like Schrodinger's Cat.

My G1W is about a year old I believe and other then it not liking SanDisk cards when I first got it it has been fine.

My Blackvue DR350 has been going about its business for 2 years with no troubles other than losing the date occasionally because I dont use the car enough.
My friends one has done the same
The DR500GW also has not had any problems
The two 400's I installed for friends havent needed any attention either.

I've had my Mobius for almost 1 year, it's been 11 months. However, I do pull in the memory card or connect it to a computer to copy a file of some stupid Bozo doing something really retarded on the road. There are times, like every few months, I do re-format the card.

I have touched my lukas the past year, but only for taking the SD card out of it, and replace it after use.
I just copy some files off the card and then put it back on the next drive, no additional formatting.

Would have loved to have messed a little more with the lukas, but no new firmware since 23 - 12 - 2013, so i figure some time between x mas and new years evening was when i installed that firmware.
Allso i belive the 64 GB card have been in the camera since that firmware upgrade.

I use the Lukas LK7900 ACE and I haven't touched it unless I needed the files off the SD card. Other than that, it has worked for me without any hiccups.

Kelvin

I've had my Mobius for almost 1 year, it's been 11 months. However, I do pull in the memory card or connect it to a computer to copy a file of some stupid Bozo doing something really retarded on the road. There are times, like every few months, I do re-format the card.

I've been running one of my Mobius cams facing rearward in my vehicle for many, many months and it has been 100% set-it and forget-it reliable in any temperature conditions. The camera has a super-cap and the B lens and is also used regularly with an external power pack for parking mode when I'm away from my vehicle while I'm out and about. Like @BobDiaz I'll take videos off the card once in awhile or reformat but that's about it.

I've had my F70 for quite a few years (since Techmoan first mentioned it). I had a few minor niggles but that was more to do with the card's class.
Then again, it only runs for 30 - 40 mins max per day and rarely at the weekends.
My Mobius, on the other hand is running up to 9 hrs a day, 5 days a week & no problems.

both my mini 801 and G1W have been going for about a year and look to be just fine.

although as mentioned above, i need to pull the cards out more frequently to make sure.
occasionally i get an alternating blue/red light on the 801 and a solid red light on the G1W, not sure what that means.

Of course, the main problem we all have - screen or not - how do you know the camera is recording?
On my old dr32, the screen went blank (as normal) and the red light was still lit - but sometimesw you'd pull the card to watch an event only to find it hadn't recorded.
With the mobius, I find myself looking for the flashing red light. I've had issues - but that was more to do with the USB connector into the power supply.
Personally, I like the little chime you get with some cameras when they power on & off, it's kinda reassuring. At least if you hear the chime mid journey, you can stop to investigate rather than finding you have no footage from the idiot that just...

Panorama has chime, LED, and the option to have the LCD screen always on of you want. (Time out is better in my opinion, personal preference)

Lukas allso have a sound, a voice saying recording started.
I however have this muted as i all fully confident in my lukas recording, and is powered up witch i can verify visually by looking at the little display on the back witch display speed / time-date.

I would prefer a silent camera with only 1 sound witch should be for SD write error, the lukas display card fail in the little display if no card is inserted.

Back