Why Stealth?

Doesn't really matter, due "notice" was served. In the US at least, the word caution generally conveys a sense of danger. I don't think we would consider dashcams as dangerous, though one could incriminate themselves with it.

KuoH

but what happens if they don't 'notice' your sign?

don't really think it makes that much difference to be honest, some places there's a legal obligation to have some sort of sign, we decided to add the stickers even though I appreciate that 99% of people probably won't use them, but at least we give the option

I'm not disagreeing with having the option, just thought the wording on those was more negative than necessary. In the US, the words caution, warning and danger all convey very similar meanings. Seeing caution stickers associated with dashcams won't exactly help with their popularity and I'm sure you're aware of the untapped market potential in the US.

KuoH

don't really think it makes that much difference to be honest, some places there's a legal obligation to have some sort of sign, we decided to add the stickers even though I appreciate that 99% of people probably won't use them, but at least we give the option

feel free to take a pair of scissors to the word caution if you like, I don't think it really matters that much

regardless of how we worded it I don't think the majority will even use them, for those that do though at least they can cover their legal obligations

I have a 16 channel cctv system installed in my home, I did the install myself, ran all the Cat5e wire myself also installed the cameras...

My system consists of all CBS cameras, 15 vandal resistant domes and 1 ptz, obviously the ptz isn't easily hid, the cameras are very visible, the way I look at it, is, along with my ADT system, it's just another reason for the POS criminals to look elsewhere. ..

And the kicker is, my home is in a very safe area, no crime, but you never know..and it's funny, I got into cctv, because of a dumb ass bus driver, who sometimes past our home, and when I reported him, he denied it, the denials ended, the day I installed the system..

It's like out vehicles, we don't go 4 cams over night, takes time and money, I think I have close to 4000.00 in my home, but it's nothing like being anywhere in the world and being able to see my home on my cell or computer. ..

Back