Will a dashcam running over 48 hours flatten car battery?

azibux1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wondering, I have a Mini 0803 and was considering leaving it running while parked, but before I switch the wiring around to do this, do you think this will flatten my car battery? The car isn't driven everyday, but the maximum where it will be left and not driven is probably 2 days

The car is a Ford Fiesta if that makes any difference

What do you think? Will it run the battery down too much?

Thanks!

theres a good chance it will go flat if not in tip top perfect condition. get power magic pro or something, that will turn camera off if battery gets too low.

My car has a 15W trunk light and a very sensitive remote. Several times the remote has triggered in my pocket opened the trunk and drained the battery. Needless to say the trunk light has been disconnected.
The mini 0803 has a two amp 5V supply, that is about 10 W. Yes, it will probably drain the battery in 48 hours, especially if it is not new.

no.

i ran two cameras using a lukas lk 290 for weeks and the battery did not even blink.

My car has a 15W trunk light and a very sensitive remote. Several times the remote has triggered in my pocket opened the trunk and drained the battery. Needless to say the trunk light has been disconnected.
The mini 0803 has a two amp 5V supply, that is about 10 W. Yes, it will probably drain the battery in 48 hours, especially if it is not new.
The Mini 0803 actually uses about 2W, a good fully charged battery will run for many days. however you then need to recharge it so unless you drive the car for a decent amount of time every few days you may still have problems and you definitely want to disconnect it if you are going off for holiday without the car because many batteries die if you completely discharge them.

Thanks for all the replies everyone

It's not something I'm majorly fussed about, just thought it would be something 'nice to have' if it wouldn't affect the battery

I'll maybe look into some device like the power magic pro or similar

I had ran Vico TF2 Plus Premium as my first great camera back when it was one of the top devices.
Once or twice I had left it in a car plugged into an always on cig lighter The car had not been driven for about two and a half days and it had died. Another time it had almost not started. After that I stopped doing it and looked into a home CCTV system.

Back