Will this be the new H.265 dash camera processor for Mobius 2?

Really, i'd feel silly when the new mobius would cost more than the Joovuu X (no offense Dan), and I had waited all that time for the new Mobius while all that time I could have bought the Joovuu X already...

I suspect the new Mobius will be much cheaper than the Joovuu X, not because it would be a lesser product but just because of their business model, the current Mobius is worth a higher asking price but their predominantly direct sales approach keeps it cheaper than it otherwise would be if sold through more traditional retail channels

I suspect the new Mobius will be much cheaper than the Joovuu X, not because it would be a lesser product but just because of their business model, the current Mobius is worth a higher asking price but their predominantly direct sales approach keeps it cheaper than it otherwise would be if sold through more traditional retail channels

Well, I hope you are right, the only thing I'd like to add to 2k and 60fps, is wifi. Just because I'm always on the go, and dont want to fiddle aroud with data cables anymore.

I'd pay 80-100 USD for that.... (2k, better nights, 60fps, 128 gb [dual?] and wifi)

I'd pay 80-100 USD for that.... (2k, better nights, 60fps, 128 gb [dual?] and wifi)
From my recollection of what's been said by Tom Frank & @Isoprop the M2 does 1080p/60 & 720p/120, improved low-light video quality, 128GB card no problem. But no Wi-Fi or dual card slots.

From my recollection of what's been said by Tom Frank & @Isoprop the M2 does 1080p/60 & 720p/120, improved low-light video quality, 128GB card no problem. But no Wi-Fi or dual card slots.

OK, thanks. So no fancy stuff like 4k or anything, sorry to hear about the no wifi though. The dual SD slot is just something nice to have, no real issue.

Well, I hope that's all OK then, to. be honest I can't wait...

dirkzelf, well.

I would like a few tiny things changed from the current mobius, minor upgrades and tweaks, that about it.

* 2k at 30fps if you need to and then 1080p 60fps, heat issues will not be a problem with the newer chips out there

* Perhaps a tiny clock battery to keep the time and date correct ?

* Support for 128Gb MicroSD cards, if that is still with FAT32 does not bother me even though exFAT is better.

* Digital image stabilization, like with the gitup2 or similar products, a must in any modern action camera.

* Two high quality microphones so you get stereo sound, would be nice, and a cheap thing to add, there is
only one in the current mobius, you could add a additional microphone somewhere in the unit, seems to be
possible without to much trouble.

* Some sort of tiny connector on the IC-board so you can use a external microphone, and having the option to select internal
microphone or the external one, depending on the situation. You will probably need a custom cable but you still need the
connector on the IC-board, this way you do not have to mess with the built in microphones.

* Rotating the ribbon cable connector 180 degrees, and extending the ribbon cable to the sensor and lens so it is a semi round
cable with a little cable loop inside the unit, enough length to be able to move the lens housing 90 or 180 degrees and having
it in a fixed "seating", so it is nice and secure in the housing once you have shifted the lens to the new position. This will
allow anyone who want to use the unit upside down or sideways (like on a motorcycle helmet) to just move the lens to the
fixed position. Some sensors do not allow you flipping the image. A simple thing to fix but will have a great impact on
how you can use the camera. (A bit like the current extension cable and lens out there that you can buy if you want to move
the sensor outside the housing).

The most important thing is that the design, size of the unit does not change, then you can continue to use all the
extra addon things out there, FPV cables, custom cradle and so on. Otherwise the FPV cables does have everything you need,
basic video out, audio out, charging. But no microphone input.

Last edited:
Back