Windows 10

my Win7 machines will sit there with a reboot notification as long as I let it, Win10 just reboots...

OK, I understand what you're saying. Normally when I do a Windows update that's all I do and the reboot is just part of the process.

Apparently, Microsoft has released a tool (KB3073930) that allows users to block automatic updates. There are details here: https://bgr.com/2015/07/29/windows-10-updates-automatic-turn-off/

The way I read the information on the MS site is this gives you the ability to prevent a specific driver/update from being installed but does nothing for the automatic updating in general.

The way I read the information on the MS site is this gives you the ability to prevent a specific driver/update from being installed but does nothing for the automatic updating in general.

The article the link leads to indicates that all updates can be prevented.

The article the link leads to indicates that all updates can be prevented.
OK, I'll have to read it. When I last tried bgr.com wasn't responding.

Now I get why peeps hated W10 based on my own work...
Damn OneDrive was fairly easy to get rid off, using regedit (y)
xBox thingy- got notifications killed (y)
Win Defender notifications still annoying the hell out of me, fed up trying to turn off notifications, despite having proper AntiVirus- still after restart comes back... ????
Themes... got dark theme and in settings it is good, but in main explorer windows is still white- anybody has work around yet????

Less than a week in to having to deal, with on first appearances fast and good W10... and deleting old W7 files recovery giving up! just do...
All of that official spying in having all of the activities via M$ account, be it changed, faked up etc is just not something I could consider as safe or secure or right.
Whenever I'll get few moments w10 goes! far and %&)%%^* off! Absolute garbage!

the MS account thing started with windows 8 and hasn't gone away, but you can easily create a local account (or in my case, join it to a corporate domain and use a domain account) so that right there breaks a lot of MS's spying and whatever since you aren't using a MS account. they just word it strangely during initial setup to make it seem like an MS account is the only way. but you can cancel or bypass or something like that and it'll say something like you can create one later if you want, then it'll walk you through creating a local administrator account.

our deployment is currently on hold because microsoft's own tools for customizing the deployment don't seem to be working. besides - we can't roll it out till office 2016 comes out anyway.

Whilst you are correct, I, personally fed up with so many issues, and spying doesn't stop via account settings, simple default media players, need to be re'adjusted and so on... but then what is benefit on using online accounts/applications etc?
It wasn't that broken in a first place. I remember similar frustrations with w8, W8.1 and when having completely ignoring all of those editions, I did make bad call to test W10.
Also, my joy, of what I thought endless frameworks abandonment turns out be a bit of a hot air, still about 2gb of updates was related to 4.6 alone.... .
After all the hard work etc, I just don't see anymore a single reason as why would anyone would want w10, if ever used w7. even W XP is better, but of course- support is ended.
MEH, meh, meh...

very "funny", haha... :P

Back