WINDOWS 7 -- ANY WOES??

jonnor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a cry for help from the owner of a Windows 7 pc. I'm waiting delivery of my new Mini 0801 and am a bit concerned after reading about some folk who've had difficulties trying to load their cam videos on to their Windows 7 pcs. Can any Win 7 owners out there please tell me how they've got on?

Also, being a geriatric computer thicko, I'd be very obliged if you'd tell me exactly how you've transferred the cam vids to your computer -- removing the camera and using a lead or by removing the memory card and plugging that into the pc? A click by click rundown would be marvellous.

My Windows 7 concerns arise mainly because I've had no luck whatever trying to sort out Bluetooth on my pc. I don't want to get my new camera and have to go to a High Street Boots to see what I've been filming. Cheers.

Easiest way is to just put the micro sd card into your computer, using a full size sd adapter. Then transfer them as any other file. Taking the camera off and on loosens the mount, so if you don't have to, don't.

Hello, jonnor. Welcome to the forum.

I can understand your apprehension in regards to the transfer of what will be your first dashcam videos to your computer. Relax, it is not very difficult. I will try to make it as easy as I can with these step-by-step instructions.

1 Remove the card from your camera and place it into a usb card reader - one will probably come with the card that you purchase.

2 Place the usb card reader into a usb slot on your computer.

3 The Autoplay pop-up will appear on your computer screen, it will be titled Removable Disk. Scroll down to choose 'Open Folder to View Files' and double click there to open it.

4 The folder DCIM will appear - double click on it.

5 The folder 100 Media will appear - double click on it and all your dashcam video files will appear.

6 To select all the videos that you have recorded for transfer to your computer, click Organize in the top left corner of your screen, and from the dropdown menu, click 'select all'. Note that all the videos will be highlighted.

7 Now, minimize your screen by clicking on the middle box in the upper right corner.

8 Click Start, click 'Computer' then click 'Videos'.

9 Click 'New Folder' and give it a name, such as My Dashcam. Now double click this folder which at this point will be empty.

10 Minimize this screen so that you will now have 2 minimized screens on your computer, one containing your dashcam videos, and one empty.

11 Right click on the highlighted video files and select 'cut'.

12 Right click on the other (empty) folder and select 'paste'.

13 Now you can sit back and relax while all your videos are transferred from your card onto your computer.

When the transfer is complete your sd card will have been wiped clean. Hope that this has been helpful.

Gordon Bennet - not very difficult? I needed an aspirin after reading all your kind words!! I've pinned your detailed instructions to the kitchen wall and I'll tread carefully thru the process when my camera arrives. Rest assured I'll be eeing you again if I run into problems -- as I suspect I will. Again sincere thanks Parklawn for taking the trouble.. ....and all the way from Canada too. And thanks also to GJHS, much obliged chaps. Cheers Jonnor

Got another query I'm afraid. I want to sort out my settings on my desk.....it's easier than in the car. Got a 12 volt battery, connect pos to the plunger pin on the cigar lighter type plug and assuming that the side springs were the negative connectors put the neg lead to one of them.....but it doesn't become live.........can some talented soul out there please tell me what I'm doing wrong. It powers up no probs in the car.........

Assuming that your dashcam is still ok after applying 12 volts to it, there are a couple of ways that you can power it up at your desk. One, plug it into your computer using the usb cable, two, buy a mains to usb adapter for about 8 quid from your local electronics supply store. You can of course just operate it on battery power as long as the battery lasts.

Thanks Parklaw much obliged -- pity I can't catch a bus to Ontario.....you'd be a very valuable neighbour!!

This is a cry for help from the owner of a Windows 7 pc. I'm waiting delivery of my new Mini 0801 and am a bit concerned after reading about some folk who've had difficulties trying to load their cam videos on to their Windows 7 pcs. Can any Win 7 owners out there please tell me how they've got on?

Also, being a geriatric computer thicko, I'd be very obliged if you'd tell me exactly how you've transferred the cam vids to your computer -- removing the camera and using a lead or by removing the memory card and plugging that into the pc? A click by click rundown would be marvellous.

My Windows 7 concerns arise mainly because I've had no luck whatever trying to sort out Bluetooth on my pc. I don't want to get my new camera and have to go to a High Street Boots to see what I've been filming. Cheers.
If you use the "Speed_Unit_MPH" viewer you can download the files, from your SD card, directly into the viewer using the file icon on the bottom of the viewer. This viewer works great out of the box and gives you speed, gps coordinates and a (google) map showing your location. I downloaded it from www.dashcamtalk.com.

Thanks Sailorman - I'll certainly give it a try. Cheers

When I do this, the video transfers, but none of the data goes along. When I use the Registrator viewer, I get a good video, but all the GPS fields are blank. If I play it from the card directly, it's all there. Why doesn't the GPS data also transfer?

When I do this, the video transfers, but none of the data goes along. When I use the Registrator viewer, I get a good video, but all the GPS fields are blank. If I play it from the card directly, it's all there. Why doesn't the GPS data also transfer?
You need to copy both onto your PC:
(1) video files (eg. AMBA0022.MOV) from \DCIM\100MEDIA folder.
(2) as well as corresponding GPS data files (eg. gps0022.log) from \gps folder.

Registrator Viewer is pretty clever and can support *.MOV and *.log placed in the same folder on your PC or in folder structure as per original SD card (in bold above). Eg. both of these will work:
\DashCam\DCIM\100MEDIA\AMBA0022.MOV
\DashCam\gps\gps0022.log

or
\DashCam\AMBA0022.MOV
\DashCam\gps0022.log

The choice is yours.

Correct, some dashcam units embed the GPS data into the actual .MP4/.MOV file.
With the mini 0801 GPS data are saved into separate files in a separate folder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mini 0801 6
RichardL Mini 0801 9
Back