Windshield attachment & cold weather

pyzik

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully I won't have to deal with this for much longer (this year) but my dashcam (G1W-C) will NOT stay on my windshield in the cold. It keeps falling off.

I even tried "super duty" double sided tape and it stayed for a bit longer but still fell off.

What you are other cold weather folks doing to keep it on?

THANKS!

Hopefully I won't have to deal with this for much longer (this year) but my dashcam (G1W-C) will NOT stay on my windshield in the cold. It keeps falling off.

I even tried "super duty" double sided tape and it stayed for a bit longer but still fell off.

THANKS!

You need a permanent mount, which allows you to remove dashcam, but mount will stay in car in case you want to take dashcam along with you.

https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/a...-swivel-3m-adhesive-mount-for-panorama-g.html

Ah! Thanks. I'll look for one that will fit my model.

Actually this looks like it'll work

I assume you're using the suction mount. The G1W-H in my wife's car has a suction mount and it's been there since September and is solid as a rock. I've found that a small amount of moisture on the cup before mounting helps a lot. I'm talking about not much more than a small amount of saliva wiped around with your finger to just dampen it.

Last edited:
I assume you're using the suction mount. The G1W-H in my wife's car has a suction mount and it's been there since September and is solid as a rock. I've found that a small amount of moisture on be cup before mounting helps a lot. I'm talking about not much more than a small amount of saliva wiped around with your finger to just dampen it.
Wow. Mine won't stay longer than two days.

I've tried the (light) moisture trick too... Hmm.

Your suction cup is probably not sealing correctly.

To Pyzik Did you flick the lock across to make it stick better

THANKS!
Get some 3M Dualock tape and use that It wont fall off Have had mine on for 2 years with that and its never fallen off

Hmm maybe you just have a crappy suction cup mount. The one that I initially got with my INNOVV C2 sucked (I think it was with my C2, I could be wrong, but this one had a longer arm on it). it would fall off very easily. The suction cup mounts that came with my mobius seemed to have a much stronger hold.

Get some 3M Dualock tape
I have taken the generic sticky pads off of some mounts and replaced it with 3M DLT and it holds up great.
Pier28 sells the good stuff, but I have gotten a G90 with generic stuff on the GPS mount and replaced it with some DLT

Thanks for the heads up everyone! Picking up some of that 3M to try and a perm mount.

Back