Wiring Questions

Mark65

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Plus
Hi All,
I would like to ask a few questions on wiring up a Viofo cam, I found the Viofo store on Amazon and a A229 plus was £195 bare unit (£174 china) but I like the idea of redundancy and thought the 2x A119 mini 2 would be better but then direct from Viofo China the A229 2k looked a good idea, it shows a heat sink inside to help cooling? and one in front and one in back also give the option the internal camera inside from rear as I've seen in a post, also the larger screen when starting up is easier to see from the front along with fixing maximum bit rate. My house cameras are 4mp and they work great, so wiring questions:

1. I have a ciggy 12v connection inside the arm rest on my Qashqai that switches of after a few minutes when I leave the car so can I use the longer usb c to a data cable to power it if I don't need the parking mode by plugging both cables to one adapter.

2. If I go the hard wired mode for parking, Im hoping when routing I can find a spot for the 12v selector for the rear, fine for the front does anyone know what type of cable I would need to extend the power cable side.

3. Which is the best setting on the 12v selector for a car battery.

Again thanks for any advice.
Mark

Hi All,
I would like to ask a few questions on wiring up a Viofo cam, I found the Viofo store on Amazon and a A229 plus was £195 bare unit (£174 china) but I like the idea of redundancy and thought the 2x A119 mini 2 would be better but then direct from Viofo China the A229 2k looked a good idea, it shows a heat sink inside to help cooling? and one in front and one in back also give the option the internal camera inside from rear as I've seen in a post, also the larger screen when starting up is easier to see from the front along with fixing maximum bit rate. My house cameras are 4mp and they work great, so wiring questions:

1. I have a ciggy 12v connection inside the arm rest on my Qashqai that switches of after a few minutes when I leave the car so can I use the longer usb c to a data cable to power it if I don't need the parking mode by plugging both cables to one adapter.

2. If I go the hard wired mode for parking, Im hoping when routing I can find a spot for the 12v selector for the rear, fine for the front does anyone know what type of cable I would need to extend the power cable side.

3. Which is the best setting on the 12v selector for a car battery.

Again thanks for any advice.
Mark
1. If you do not need parking mode, you just need to use the long charger cable into the charger adapter to supply the power. The short data cable shall be used to connect the camera to your PC to transfer video files.
2. Do you mean that you want to install the hardwire kit to the rear fuse box in your car? We suspect that the hardwire kit can not be extended with an adapter. We still have the last 6M hardwire kit in our warehouse, we can send it to you if you need it.
3. It is determined by your driving and parking time, as well as the healthy status of your car battery. Usually, 12V or 12.2V will be OK.

Hi , thanks for the reply Viofo-Support. I was about to order the plus on amazon uk and its gone up from £195 to £229 over night :(

Hi , thanks for the reply Viofo-Support. I was about to order the plus on amazon uk and its gone up from £195 to £229 over night :(
The Spring Sale promotion has just ended, so the price has been restored.

Lol, thanks, Viofo uk had a sale on and I got everything for just £25 more than direct from Viofo China, also ordered the 3 core wire which I will run along side the rear video cable for when I get a single camera for rear.

Back