Wiring two cameras using two hardwire kits

Femi

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Good day. I am new dude here​

I am running a mirror dashcam Vantop-H612t, hardwired with parking mode. I ordered the 70mai Dashcam with parkmode function. Please how can i wire the second hardwire kit from 70mai? Please a dude need your help. Thanks.​

Willkommen an der forum Femi. ( please forgive my meager German skills, it was something i learned myself 45 years ago )

I have run several systems on the same piggy back fure adapters, CUZ i dont like to look for more unused fuses for this, it have worked fine with a 5 A fuse for the new Circuit.
So like this i have run a dual channel system and a 3 channel system on the same 3 wires.
Of course i used the hard wire kit for each camera system so had 2 of those, one street guardian and the other viofo, but on the 12 V side the shared the same fuses.

Even if your one system have a 3 wire hard wire kit and the other a 2 wire, you should be able to share the same fuses in the fuse box.
In my case as i recall it is a 10 or 15 A fuses i am tapped into the the piggyback fuse adapters.

Willkommen an der forum Femi. ( please forgive my meager German skills, it was something i learned myself 45 years ago )

I have run several systems on the same piggy back fure adapters, CUZ i dont like to look for more unused fuses for this, it have worked fine with a 5 A fuse for the new Circuit.
So like this i have run a dual channel system and a 3 channel system on the same 3 wires.
Of course i used the hard wire kit for each camera system so had 2 of those, one street guardian and the other viofo, but on the 12 V side the shared the same fuses.

Even if your one system have a 3 wire hard wire kit and the other a 2 wire, you should be able to share the same fuses in the fuse box.
In my case as i recall it is a 10 or 15 A fuses i am tapped into the the piggyback fuse adapters.
Thank you so much for your quick answer. The hardwire kit for Vantop-H612t mirror dashcam are only ccc+ with black one for the car body. But the 70mai hardwire kit are three!!! CCC+, ACC and earth wire. Can you show me a Screenshot on how to do this? I will be so much appreciative. Dankeschön

Thank you so much for your quick answer. Should run a complete hardwire kit connection? The hardwire kit for Vantop-H612t mirror dashcam are only ccc+ with black one for the earth. But the 70mai hardwire kit are three!!! CCC+, ACC and earth wire. Can you show me a Screenshot on how to do this with piggyback fuse? I will be so much appreciative. Dankeschön
IMG_20221222_152558.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221222_152558.jpg
    IMG_20221222_152558.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221222_153353.jpg
    IMG_20221222_153353.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 7
As i test cameras and often change instead of the crimp connectors on the fuse adapters i use electricians screw terminals.

iu

Also my fuse box are in a bad place, at least when you are no longer young and flexible, so i made it more easy for myself.

As i test cameras and often change instead of the crimp connectors on the fuse adapters i use electricians screw terminals.

iu

Also my fuse box are in a bad place, at least when you are no longer young and flexible, so i made it more easy for myself.
This is old schooI. I still use them though. But WAGO cable connector are very good too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222_212957.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_212957.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221222_212928.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_212928.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221222_213020.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222_213020.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Indeed, it was not connectors like that i used pretending to be a electrician in my nieces house, they have since then had parts of the house rewired and thank god for that, it was very old stuff and i also advised they had a professional take a look at it.
But as i had some of those lying around and its just 12 Volts i am fine using them.

Indeed, it was not connectors like that i used pretending to be a electrician in my nieces house, they have since then had parts of the house rewired and thank god for that, it was very old stuff and i also advised they had a professional take a look at it.
But as i had some of those lying around and its just 12 Volts i am fine using them.
Old stuff but very reliable I thank you so much for your assistance. I'm now waiting for my 70mai x200 Dashcam to be delivered. I will surely inform you about the result. I wish you a blessed day and happy Christmas in advance.

Please can you please help me out once again? I bought hardwire kits from Nextbase and is already included with 2A Fuse installed. Is the 2A enough for connecting the two hardwires for two cameras? The Nextbase hardwire kits is constructed using only cheap 2A!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225_130941_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20221225_130941_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
2 A are fine for 1 system, but if you are going to put 2 systems on those 2 fuse adapters i would change to a 5A fuse, that have worked fine for me.

Really a dashcam do not use 2 A when in operation, more like 1 A or a bit less, but i think they can spike a little higher during boot.
I think you can try the 2 A fuses, if the are oveloaded they will just blow, just keep that in mind if your 2 systems suddenly turn off.

2 A are fine for 1 system, but if you are going to put 2 systems on those 2 fuse adapters i would change to a 5A fuse, that have worked fine for me.

Really a dashcam do not use 2 A when in operation, more like 1 A or a bit less, but i think they can spike a little higher during boot.
I think you can try the 2 A fuses, if the are oveloaded they will just blow, just keep that in mind if your 2 systems suddenly turn off.
Thank you once again. I'm just wondering because Nextbase wrote "don't remove the 2A"

I think they pre installed the fuse as otherwise people might not get which one of the 2 slots are for the new circuit fuse and what slot are for the fuse in the fuse box you will be tapping into.
I dont think they have permanent installed the fuse,,,,, that would be silly IMO

I think they pre installed the fuse as otherwise people might not get which one of the 2 slots are for the new circuit fuse and what slot are for the fuse in the fuse box you will be tapping into.
I dont think they have permanent installed the fuse,,,,, that would be silly IMO
I will surely try this after Xmas. Ive been running Vantop-H612t mirror Dashcam with this (2A, 10A is from System) Nextbase Hardwire kit. Smooth runnings. It's a new experience for me with combining two cams cables together. I wish you a joyful Xmas. Thanks.

I will surely try this after Xmas. Ive been running Vantop-H612t mirror Dashcam with this (2A, 10A is from System) Nextbase Hardwire kit. Smooth runnings. It's a new experience for me with combining two cams cables together. I wish you a joyful Xmas. Thanks.
IMG_20221225_142828.jpg

Thank you so much. Everything worked fine. I even used 10A to 10A for ACC. And 15A to15A for CCC+. I used WAGO connection too. I thank you so much.

Attachments

• IMG_20221230_170619.jpg
    IMG_20221230_170619.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20221230_164935_com.banyac.midrive.app.intl.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_164935_com.banyac.midrive.app.intl.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 5
Wunderbar (y)

Back