Wish me luck!

dwpc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered a $19 B40 a118 from a Singapore vendor. For the cost of a pizza, I thought what the heck can I lose.

can you share the link ?
This price is too good to be true for original B40 / A118

can you share the link ?
This price is too good to be true for original B40 / A118

I'll post it when I get confirmation it's shipped. Don't want my order to be lost in a stampede. ;)

this is a regular scam on eBay, a users account gets hijacked, some popular products get listed at very low prices to attract quick sales, if it's PayPal you'll get refunded but they get away with any direct deposits that get made, the price is less than half the factory cost of the product, it's not possible to be a real one for that price

It has to be a knockoff. If it is too good to be true, it's ussually not true. I would check the inside components on this. Fake chipset, plastice lens, etc...But then then again, it maybe a major fire/inventory clearance for the new a119. Good luck to those who score one.

It has to be a knockoff. If it is too good to be true, it's ussually not true. I would check the inside components on this. Fake chipset, plastice lens, etc...But then then again, it maybe a major fire/inventory clearance for the new a119. Good luck to those who score one.

I'm hoping it's the latter but not overly confident. I just paid almost as much for shipping of some small car parts, so the $19 gamble is no big deal. There lots of cautions to buy from reputable vendors, but few are named. No guts, no glory! :cool:

Good luck, I hope u get it. I got my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck, I hope u get it. I got my fingers crossed for you.
ebay shows he's sold over 200 but only one negative rating, and the "sold" number increased by 15 since I ordered. My fingers are crossed too.

I received "shipped" notification from ebay so here's the link. (And yes I saw the recent negative rating for the vendor). Between ebay and PP, my $19 is protected.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252326473954
I waited ages for a parcel. When it didn't arrive I put in a claim. Seller gave me a shipping number which, according to HK post, the item was still "in transit". When I pushed PP to resolve in my favour, the seller suddenly found another shipping number along with "proof" that the item had been delivered - signed for by "Dave" (Dave must've been about 5y/o judging by the shaky sig) - no Dave in my house or any house near mine yet PP found in the seller's favour. Ebay weren't interested since PP had already decided & my credit card wouldn't chase as the amount was under £100. I went through the PP and Ebay website like a dose of salts, looking for any name I could hit with an email - but nobody would re-open the case.

This doesn't sound promising.

Last edited:
I waited ages for a parcel. When it didn't arrive I put in a claim. Seller gave me a shipping number which, according to HK post, the item was still "in transit". When I pushed PP to resolve in my favour, the seller suddenly found another shipping number along with "proof" that the item had been delivered - signed for by "Dave" (Dave must've been about 5y/o judging by the shaky sig) - no Dave in my house or any house near mine yet PP found in the seller's favour. Ebay weren't interested since PP had already decided & my credit card wouldn't chase as the amount was under £100. I went through the PP and Ebay website like a dose of salts, looking for any name I could hit with an email - but nobody would re-open the case.
From the same vendor? This one has sold over 200 of these cameras (according to ebay) with just a couple negative ratings. Either way, I realize this a gamble but was feeling lucky.

From the same vendor? This one has sold over 200 of these cameras (according to ebay) with just a couple negative ratings. Either way, I realize this a gamble but was feeling lucky.

Not the same seller - just saying, don't pin your hopes on PP or ebay backing you

To close the loop on this "deal", it appears the ebay seller didn't have the item listed. When I placed my order, there was just one negative feedback out of 90+; within ten days there were over 30 saying "item not received" or worse. Then ebay dropped the item and the seller. I pulled the plug, filed an ebay "request", and received a refund from the seller into my PP acct within 72 hours; sooner than required. No explanation but he did refund my pmt. promptly.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I'm still looking for a dashcam.

Back