Would like to go dual lens ...but...

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
I can't seem to find one that has everything I'm looking for.

GPS with speed displayed on the screen as it records.
Must be able to display speed in MPH
I don't want the second camera to just be swivel mounted on the main unit. I want the ones with the long cable so I can mount it at the back window.
Somewhat accurate GPS. It seems so many people are reporting that the GPS is 50 miles or so off.
Good quality TRUE HD recording.
I will settle for night time recording to be average. I know none of them are 'good' at night.
Under $200???

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!!

not sure I've seen any dual cams where front cam is true 1080p, not at $200 anyway, for your budget perhaps you're better to get two cams, 1080p with GPS etc for the front and something more basic for the rear

Yeah, that's the setup im using now actually lol. I was just trying to consolidate everything into one cam ...

How about 720? Or at least good enough resolution to read plates.

Chad said:
Yeah, that's the setup im using now actually lol. I was just trying to consolidate everything into one cam ...

How about 720? Or at least good enough resolution to read plates.

it gives you more options if you go 720, you give up quality though so I guess it depends where you want to compromise, quality or convenience

ID say quality I guess. I don't know, is there really that much of a difference between the 1080 and 720 you think?

Chad said:
ID say quality I guess. I don't know, is there really that much of a difference between the 1080 and 720 you think?

well good 720 is better than bad 1080 so specs alone is hard to judge, good quality 1080p though will always look better, depends how much detail you want, if you want to catch license plates etc 1080p does a much better job, as an incident recorder, in other words something that records the circumstances of events as they occur, then 720p can suffice

Chad said:
I don't want the second camera to just be swivel mounted on the main unit. I want the ones with the long cable so I can mount it at the back window.

Well, this requirement leaves you with only one option: ITB-500HD. So far this is the only true surveillance DVR, the other ones are just for entertainment and in case of break-in the burglar will go away with the evidence quite easily.
But if you want only the rear camera to be connected through a cable while the front camera can still be on the main unit then you have a few other options as well.

However, the problem is that they will not record with only one camera connected, so in case a camera breaks or gets stollen this behaviour is not optimal.
The quality is good for 15FPS, the GPS is accurate, the sound though is pretty ****ty and delayed with one second.

I already have one and I plan to acquire another dual camera DVR for my second car, but considering the issues above I don't know what should be my best option. The Urive MD-8000P is another viable option apart from the fact that this is just another entertainment DVR with camera, the actual DVR and SD card in the same central unit.

As for the "under $200" requirement - I'm not sure it's possible, quality comes with a price.

Back