Oneo Drive dual lens any good?

comadose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This camera is available for 20 quid but I can't find any information about it. Must be OEM.

It claims to have dual 1080p lenses with 24 hour parking mode, motion detection, g sensor... All sounds too good to be true for the price.

Anyone tried one?

The maximum card size of 32GB and a lithium battery makes it undesirable and likely to last less than 2 years.
Also, don't expect 1080 quality from the rear camera, that may be how it is stored on the card but doesn't mean that the camera has that much resolution.

True, and the mounting system looks crap. But again, it's 20 quid...

What's wrong with lithium batteries? I have an old ePrince camera that is about 8 years old now and the battery is still fine.

What's wrong with lithium batteries? I have an old ePrince camera that is about 8 years old now and the battery is still fine.
You must live somewhere cool :cool:

Li batteries lifespan also depends on their quality, which does not necessarily relate to the cam quality. I've had one battery swell and another go nearly dead in good quality cams, yet in the cheapest cam I own the battery is still going strong after 2 very hot summers and 2 3/4 years use.

Generally speaking, in today's cams having a battery is a sign of cheapness as supercap technology is common and hardly any more expensive for a manufacturer to do. You don't get what you don't pay for, but a few of these cheap cams will surprise you- the majority will disgust you. Try it if you like but I'd first get the seller to agree to doing a refund (including shipping) if you are not satisfied in any way. If they know their product is good they'll do that- if they won't that's a warning sign to think about.

I've been lucky with 3 cheap G1W-type cams I've bought but I knew and accepted the risks of buying them; your luck may vary ;)

Phil

Back