WR1 issues.

Try the included adapter, beeps are an indicator of a problem, memory card or power supply are the two most common causes of problems with any camera

OK I'll try both suggestions. Thanks for your quick replys

My camera won't go into auto record. I have to open app and hit record or it keeps beeping. Viofo support is no help. Feels like a waste of money
Every time you exit the app you have to leave recording on, and then exit app, or its keep beeping.

I can close the app and it records. But once I turn off the car off and back on o gotta restart all and click record again

I cant remember how i adjust my sttings on WR 1 because I havent it close now but you usually dont need to click recording again, something is wrong.

The app process is a bit 'clunky'. I'm still trying to figure out the whole situation.
I'll have it in the truck tomorrow so will have more time to mess with it.

This cam should work 'automatically' hands off. From the little time I've used it so far, it's a little confusing that the red and green lights function differently when you are connected to the cam via wifi. hard to explain.

The LEDS are a bit dim, also. I'm used to looking for a flashing led to indicate the cam is working correctly. In bright summer sun, it's a little hard for me to see.

Ya it should auto record but either it's a dud which happens or something us causing it I can try to fix

Ya it should auto record but either it's a dud which happens or something us causing it I can try to fix
In your WR 1 settings,auto recording is ON or OFF? Try to change it through the app and see does beeping continues?

It won't auto record if it thinks it's connected to a PC so always a good idea to use the included power supply and cable so there's no mismatch there

I haven't figured out a pattern to the beeping, but it usually means you are still connected to the app and not recording. (I think)
I have to make sure I start recording before leaving the app, and then turn whatever wifi connection I had to the cam.

I think this will be a good cam, once the firmware is tweaked a bit.

I don't think that there is a setting for auto record to turn on and off

Last edited:
I was guessing the 'auto power off' setting was in by mistake, and geared toward battery equipped cams?

I was guessing the 'auto power off' setting was in by mistake, and geared toward battery equipped cams?
I wasnt tried to change it ON and OFF myself,but there is a option, but theres maybe a solution for a problem that @Accord3 has.

Just checked, the 'auto power off' only has OFF, 3 Min, 5 Min, 10 Min settings'

Doesn't make sense with capacitor equipped cam that may be connected to a 'key on' power source.

I have mine set to off.

Doesn't make sense with capacitor equipped cam that may be connected to a 'key on' power source.

I have mine set to off.
That setting is for when the camera is on, but not recording. The camera will shut down after the set time if not recording. Delayed Shutdown (or similar) is the setting your thinking of in battery cameras.

Just used my brothers cord from his a119 and his memory card and same thing

I have mine set to off.
Mines set to off too

Back