Xiaomi Action Cam...

Geekbuying has a "Presale" for $69.99...

Hi guys,

I wrote very (very) detailed overview and review of Xiaomi Yi.
Article includes bunch of things plus download samples.

Please check it out here if you would like to learn everything about this camera.

http://sjcamguides.com/xiaomi-yi-action-camera-review/

Review is not paid by anyone, just an honest article based on my 30+ days of using it.

Enjoy and feel free to let me know if you liked it.

Hi guys,

Please check it out here if you would like to learn everything about this camera.

Review is not paid by anyone, just an honest article based on my 30+ days of using it.

nice summary, you might want to adjust the text video should be sharper and with higher birthrate. I'm guessing you meant bitrate and this is not an attack on the one child policy ;)

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot @jokiin. Will edit it right away. I was in a hurry to publish it so probably made some typos and grammar mistakes.

you might want to adjust the text video should be sharper and with higher birthrate. I'm guessing you meant bitrate and this is not an attack on the one child policy ;)

This reminds me of the tricks the spellchecker built into my OS always plays on me. My hamfisted typing is usually bad enough on its own but often I'll post something online only to discover much later that my computer has taken the initiative to write things I never had any intention of saying and that I didn't happen to notice at the time. My favorite episode was several years ago when I put some items up for auction on eBay. At that time I used a now defunct service called Western Union BidPay. Only the next day when it was too late to change anything because I now had bids on my auctions did I notice that the spellchecker had changed my statement, "Use Western Union BidPay" to Use Western Union BedPan"!

Last edited:
So many pro-GoPro replies. I am guessing they are mainly caucasians in western countries who are GoPro owners, who hate chinese products such as Xiaomi and SJCAM.

the devotion is similar to people that buy the Thermomix that feel the need to constantly talk it up to justify their purchase

the devotion is similar to people that buy the Thermomix that feel the need to constantly talk it up to justify their purchase

I only heard of that product recently from a couple of female work colleagues. Do you own one or an equivalent from other brand? If so, what is your impression?

I only heard of that product recently from a couple of female work colleagues. Do you own one or an equivalent from other brand? If so, what is your impression?

no not for me, I see them trying to flog them at every kind of open day, fair, carnival etc, 2k for a kitchen gadget is a bit rich for me

2k for a kitchen gadget is a bit rich for me

Totally agree :)

Edit: However I can guess many girlfriends/wives/mothers around the world disagree with us :D

Totally agree :)

Edit: However I can guess many girlfriends/wives/mothers around the world disagree with us :D

every time I've seen it they start the sales pitch about how great it is, does all the work etc then they ask you how you cook now, conversation pretty much ends when you tell them you cook in a wok every day ;)

I had to Google that Thermomix. I don't think even that could improve my mrs' cooking (there's a reason I eat a lot of takeaway!!)

I had to Google that Thermomix. I don't think even that could improve my mrs' cooking (there's a reason I eat a lot of takeaway!!)

LOL, that sounds like serious problem at home. Why the hell did you marry her in the first place?
Just kidding.

My experience with the cam + some tips can be found in my blog: https://dscfpv.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/xiaomi-yi-tips-and-infos/
One "problem" that I forgot to mention in the blog is that Xiaomi has not put the CE sign on the cam and they did not include a German manual with the declaration of conformity. That declaration of conformity is necessary because the cam has WiFi and every thing that can transmit wireless needs to be confirm with the WiFi rules in Germany.

So some people in Germany will not be able to get their Xiaomi YI cam, because the custom office that checks imported products might send the cam back to China because of those missing signs+certificates.

Just a heads up... There's a software update (not firmware); v1.5 for Android

via Xiaomi Market or the check for update within the app (Chinese version).

edit: or here...
http://app.mi.com/detail/87320

changelog
-完美支持各固件版本的固件升级 (Google translate... Perfect support of the firmware version of the firmware upgrade)
-fix bugs

Last edited:
i'll wait for the english version LOL

Back