Xiaomi Yi 4K - Photo and Video Samples (original files)

pcexpertblog

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I want to share with you my video and photo samples of the Xiaomi Yi 4K.

Here's a video filmed at 4k@30fps - You can find the original video file at this url: https://mega.nz/#!Hw4RDYab!Yj7WJVzwEWE8fh3FVE7LUSjnEY0Foqf8moGHijxjkPM

This is a compilation of videos and photos filmed with the Xiaomi Yi 4k at various resolutions.

You can find all the video and photo samples at this address: https://mega.nz/#F!eg5k1AhC!QHo0z9j0ivTWA9Ewigf7_g
All the files are the original ones.

I got the cam from the shop of GearBest. My sample is the International version of the Xiaomi Yi 4K model Z16V13L.

Please if you appreciate my work subscribe my YouTube Channel or at least leave a thumb up in the videos ;)

*** UPDATE ***

I just published the final review on my YouTube Channel. It is in italian but maybe it could be interesting the same for some of the readers of this blog.

Last edited:
You've got a good lens on that one, much better than some other photos I looked at.

Is that factory focused or have you adjusted it yourself?

You've got a good lens on that one, much better than some other photos I looked at.

Is that factory focused or have you adjusted it yourself?
Hi Nigel, It is factory focused... Do you think that I was lucky?!? Others are not well focused?

Hi Nigel, It is factory focused... Do you think that I was lucky?!? Others are not well focused?
The first photos I saw looked poor with uneven focus and blurred corners, but there have been some much better ones recently and your looks very good. I've not seen enough 12MP photos posted to decide what is normal, but I'm wondering if maybe the international version has a much better lens than the Chinese version?

The first photos I saw looked poor with uneven focus and blurred corners, but there have been some much better ones recently and your looks very good. I've not seen enough 12MP photos posted to decide what is normal, but I'm wondering if maybe the international version has a much better lens than the Chinese version?

Probably the same. The image on the original Yi is every bit as good as these samples but a large number of the production models were badly assembled, resulting in bad overall focus or uneven focus. Those that were just badly focussed could/can be quite easily fixed, the unevenly focussed ones were/are more difficult. Shoddy quality control in assembly and maybe also manufacture. Like they know electronics but are sketchy on optics. I'm trying to find out if the 4k is as easily fixed for overall bad focus (the most common fault) as the first model or if it is more difficult before chancing yet another purchase.

Perhaps they have made improvments to manufacturing process and other changes we are not aware of or know about.

I find it important to have the lens focused from factory, and if you can adjust it, have it fixed with lock varnish, if a mistake
is made you can fix it on your own. But at least then, you would not by mistake adjust the focus as it is focused from factory

I have the International version and the lens focus is very good

Hello guys, I want to share with you my video and photo samples of the Xiaomi Yi 4K.
In Australian parlance, You sir, are a bloody legend!
I'll be dropping those files in to Resolve and see how much adjustment there is available.
Any chance of a sample in the Flat colour profile?

Back