Xiaomi yi as dash cam question.

Xyanyde

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
If I just use the USB cable to power the cam in my car (no battery) and when I stop the car engine, the cam will turn off immediately right? so...

1. Will that damage my SD card?
2. Will it save my last clip?

Thanks.

If I just use the USB cable to power the cam in my car (no battery) and when I stop the car engine, the cam will turn off immediately right? so...

Thanks.
1. I don't hear about any cases of card damaging because of power off.
2. You will lose a few last seconds of video (it seems to be a memory buffer, so if you turn camera off it will not be saved on memory card)

1. I don't hear about any cases of card damaging because of power off.
2. You will lose a few last seconds of video (it seems to be a memory buffer, so if you turn camera off it will not be saved on memory card)
Thanks for your answers, I thought that powering off by just unplug the cam while it's recording will damage the card like when you pull the flash drive out
while it's transferring data.

is that even possible? i have only tried to plug the camera to my computer with no battery, but all i can do with it is turn it on and use it as a micro sd card reader, cant start it to record or take pictures so i assumed it would be the same if i plug it to the wall.

never mind, i just tried plugging it to the wall and i could use the camera with no battery, thats great!.

Im a noob to coding firmware and still a novice with action cams. Brought the Xyaomi Yi and downloaded the app to my Iphone5 and there no lens aberration or len rectification option in the options menu. Is this common for the newer firmware because it was one of the reasons i brought this thing. Any and all help would be appreciated greatly.

...in settings menue, called video rotation if you mean turning video when fixed upside down.

Last edited:
...in settings menue, called video rotation if you mean turning video when fixed upside down.

Na I've got that. Its a separate option ive seen people using on youtube reviews. Thought it might be a certain firmware its available on

the option highlighted in the picture below

Attachments

• lens.PNG
    lens.PNG
    559.1 KB · Views: 19
Hi there, can I know what charger u use?I tried few charger and It can't on my action cam from the power alone from car charger.. Any specifications I need?

Thanks.
1. No, never.
2. Yes, always.

enjoy,
Mtz

Just wanted to confirm, is it safe to use Yi cam as a dashcam without battery? I did a run today by powering it from a powerbank but camera got quite warm after ~20 minutes. Just want to make sure it wouldnt blow up!

Back