Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

I found out the problem with autoexec.ash scripts. Basic linux comands (launched by busybox) can be processed straight after camera boot (2 beeps), but specific camera commands (launched by amba shell) will be processed after 7 seconds needed for shell to boot, so in order to run "t" commands you have to put "sleep 7" in the first line.

I found out the problem with autoexec.ash scripts. Basic linux comands (launched by busybox) can be processed straight after camera boot (2 beeps), but specific camera commands (launched by amba shell) will be processed after 7 seconds needed for shell to boot, so in order to run "t" commands you have to put "sleep 7" in the first line.

Good to know thanks.

Basic linux comands (launched by busybox) can be processed straight after camera boot (2 beeps), but specific camera commands (launched by amba shell) will be processed after 7 seconds

Do you mean you can launch commands in directly in linux shell instead of busybox? How exactly? Can you post some example please?

What about if you try with
sleep 7
t cal -raw 2 1 0
sleep 5
rm -r d:\MISC
sleep 2
poweroff yes

What would this do?
sleep 7
t app linux_usb enable

if it accepts any path with "d:\", then it ain't linux...

sleep 7
t cal -raw 2 1 0
sleep 5
rm -r d:\MISC
sleep 2
poweroff yes

5 seconds is not enough to write those files to SD, my Yi needs 10 to flush the data, but this may vary due to different cards.

if it accepts any path with "d:\", then it ain't linux...
I tried both "d:\" path and "/tmp/fuse_d" to delete some files with "rm -f" using .ash script, but none of them works...

sleep 7
What would this do?
sleep 7
t app linux_usb enable

It disables the mass storage mode in the cam. I use this function sometimes so I can have the USB cable connected and it doesn't discharge the battery while experimenting from telnet with wifi enabled.

funnel: can you give exact example please? Just to be sure. Even simple "touch" will be enough. Thanks.

EDIT: what i meant was: are these commands launched in busybox OR in the "big" linux we can get in via telnet ?

EDIT2: are you able to use USB for telnet? OR is there any serial console in camera (3.3V serial port)?

Last edited:
funnel: can you give exact example please? Just to be sure. Even simple "touch" will be enough. Thanks.
for example:

sleep 3
lu_util exec touch /tmp/fuse_d/test.txt
lu_util exec 'touch /tmp/fuse_d/test2.txt'
lu_util exec 'echo "test" >> /tmp/fuse_d/test2.txt'
lu_util exec touch /tmp/fuse_d/test3.txt

EDIT: what i meant was: are these commands launched in busybox OR in the "big" linux we can get in via telnet ?

First is the big Itron linux where ash comands are processed, second is busybox.
EDIT2: are you able to use USB for telnet? OR is there any serial console in camera (3.3V serial port)?

No, I don't see any functions like on GoPros that can do that via USB. The tx rx pins should be somewhere in the camera.

On 11:53 in the video I see them.

Attachments

• YI_RXTX.jpg
    YI_RXTX.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 36
There is also the fact, that bluetooth is connected to /dev/ttyS1 but BT cannot be started as it is not yet enabled in amba fw ... (or not even present on board?)

if you have hw diff than 22, pls can you cat /proc/ambarella/board_info for me ? just need iface names.

EDIT: Don't bother, after digging through the files i found out BT is not implemented yet properly, there are missing files / folders / binaries for BT to work.

Last edited:
Finally I got to know these tricky keywords you guys are always talking about:
Itron, Linux, lu_util, ... blah, blah, blah.
ref. at the https://github.com/quine/GoProGTFO
GOH3B_Layer-1.png GOH3B_Layer-2.png GOH3B_Layer-3.png GOH3B_Layer-4.png

And now I know some command using lu_util exec.
Example: delete the TXT file after take RAW photos (linux is case sensitive):
Code:
sleep 30
lu_util exec 'rm -f /tmp/fuse_d/DCIM/100MEDIA/*.TXT'
sleep 30
poweroff yes

Last edited:
There is also the fact, that bluetooth is connected to /dev/ttyS1 but BT cannot be started as it is not yet enabled in amba fw ... (or not even present on board?)

if you have hw diff than 22, pls can you cat /proc/ambarella/board_info for me ? just need iface names.

EDIT: Don't bother, after digging through the files i found out BT is not implemented yet properly, there are missing files / folders / binaries for BT to work.

Maybe this is usefull in the future:
GOH3B_Layer-5.png GOH3B_Layer-6.png

0.5.5 - Zoom adjust

Does this need any comments :D ?

0.5.6 - Camera-friendly zoom, modification of No SD card screen

- C&C now sends zoom updates only once a second (if there's a change)
- No SD card (unformatted) notifications modified - access to Configure allowed (request by luckylz).

0.5.7 - Estimated download time, C&C closing issues fixes

- added estimated time to download file in File Manager
- fixed some issues when C&C refused to close itself

Back